Subject: Chicago Western & Indiana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this token lay an "extra" lay, or does it count as the one allowed token during the OR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Extra, just like it says on the certificate itself and the Private Companies chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Extra, just like it says on the certificate itself and the Private Companies chart.

Yes, "extra token" didn't clearly mean to us "extra token LAY".

But thanks, we assume it was an extra token and placement as well.

Just to be clear, B&O has 4 tokens, when he buys in the CW&I he gets a 5th token (extra token?) and can lay it in the CW&I space in Chi as long as he doesn't already have a token in Chi and that doesn't count as his normal token lay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
pilotbob wrote:
Yes, "extra token" didn't clearly mean to us "extra token LAY".

This is similar to the terminology used for the "extra" tile lays of the MC, O&I, and LSL, which hasn't caused issues in the past.

Quote:
B&O has 4 tokens, when he buys in the CW&I he gets a 5th token (extra token?) and can lay it in the CW&I space in Chi as long as he doesn't already have a token in Chi and that doesn't count as his normal token lay.

Correct.

Further, this token can be laid at *any point* in its owning RR's operating turn; unlike normal tokens. (see 6.93 and page 12, first paragraph)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this extra token have a "teleport" ability where you can lay it despite being disconnected, or does it have to be connected to your company's network?

It's not spelled out quite the same way as the B&O and PRR "teleports." The CW&I private says it reserves the space (but IC and Erie also have reserved spaces to which they must presumably be connected to put tokens there, while PRR and B&O have reserved spaces specifically spelled out with different costs for connected/unconnected), and that you may lay an extra token there at no cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
alexdrazen wrote:
Does this extra token have a "teleport" ability where you can lay it despite being disconnected?

Yes; see page 12, first paragraph, immediately below all four of the Private Companies that provide extra tile lays, an upgrade, or a token:

rules wrote:
After being purchased by a corporation, these companies' abilities may be used at any time while its owning corporation operates, *without needing a connection from one of its tokens*. (emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Looks like we goofed up and missed that bit when we played this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.