Tanks: Panther vs Sherman» Forums » General

Subject: Model Comparison: Gale Force 9 to Axis and Allies minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I just wanted to write and post that I found my old Axis & Allies miniatures, which claim to be the same scale as the Gale Force 9 Tanks used in this game.

A preliminary comparison shows the tanks to be almost identical, with the differences being extremely minute. Perhaps the biggest difference is the A&A Jagdpanther which is noticeably smaller. The GF9 Tanks are much better detailed. Well, plus the GF9 tank expansions do come with cards and those unique crew heroes. So if you like the game and are looking to really get into it you will probably still want to buy all the expansions.

I work nights and it is time for me to go to bed, but I wanted to create this thread with the intent of coming back to post picture comparisons of each unit I have next to a counter part A&A unit that I have.

In conclusion For players of the old A&A minis game on the fence for checking this one out, your models are playable. I showed them to my main opponent for this game and he agreed. My forces just got quite the bolstering!

tl;dr: Axis and Allies minis models match up. Pictures coming soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thread.

Just as a note, there are two sizes of AAM minis. I have the original size and wondered if I could use those to play this game. The original scale is fairly smaller than the GF9 1/100 scale, but still do-able.

One other note, the models that come with the GF9 expansions...wow, they are awesome. Not only do you get the unique crew cards and other unique cards, you get a super model. Most of the AMM minis, of both scales, have just basic paint jobs, but if you're not able to paint, or just not a painter, they're probably nice for you to use.

The GF9 models, with just some basic painting, will look amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne Engineer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
Hey folks,

I just wanted to write and post that I found my old Axis & Allies miniatures, which claim to be the same scale as the Gale Force 9 Tanks used in this game.

This varies greatly, only the later additions of A&A attempted to be in scale. The earlier models were more 'box scale' and almost all of them are too small. I have some I would be willing to use, there is one set of T-34 76s that looks good but lots of other ones look off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Hillsburgh
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So that means I could use my A&A King Tiger in Tanks provided I drew up a card for it. Mwah hah hah!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.