I printed the design of the boards onto regular printer paper and then wrapped it around a 2mm thick piece of greyboard to give them some stiffness. I then covered the boards in clear adhesive-backed plastic film to make them dry-wipe. Finally I added some plain, black paper to the reverse to neaten everything up.
they look very "cardboardy" and there is no glare in photos
It's not too clear from the photos but I used a sort of parchment / old paper texture as the background for the graphics. And I spent a while trying to avoid glare in the photographs - in reality they're quite shiny
Here's a more detailed view of the front and back of the boards. I'm happy to upload a PDF of the boards and manual but would like to check with the designer first that he's happy for me to put this minor re-skin out there.