Of Dreams & Shadows» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions - Talk about the future rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after playing it, I have to say that I really like the game. It is very rich according to its theme, the design is simple, but elegant and the story telling is - in comparison to all the event driven games out there - one of the best. It offers cool combos of items and character interaction and even harmful synergies between the cards and monsters that the game itself throws at you.

Thank you for this game.

So, what we all want to know: How are your plans for the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Beckikaze wrote:
So after playing it, I have to say that I really like the game. It is very rich according to its theme, the design is simple, but elegant and the story telling is - in comparison to all the event driven games out there - one of the best. It offers cool combos of items and character interaction and even harmful synergies between the cards and monsters that the game itself throws at you.

Thank you for this game.

So, what we all want to know: How are your plans for the future?

Thanks! I really appreciate that people enjoy the game for what it is. Since you seem to have a strong understanding of the design I’d love for you to write a review. 

My immediate plans really involve making the game more available as it is currently only sold in Canada. I’m finalizing some deals in the coming weeks and will provide an update on this forum.

As for the game itself, I actually have the outline for three expansions and aim to release the first in 2017. Nothing is final, but this is the plan so far:

There will be experienced versions of each Champion, more Spells with a focus on control and more Combat Feats. I will also continue the storyline from the base game. Certain story choices made in the base game will carry over - I will be writing 2 versions of each follow-on story card.

The first expansion will take place in the aftermath of the base game and will go deeper into Nora’s back story, the Wilds and the Werefolk. Another would take place in the Realm of Dreams and focus on the Fae. The third would take place in the underworld realm of the Hollows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news.

We are planning a German podcast Review about it. The first two Videos ("Die Nische" on YouTube) about your game were the Essen Spiel preview and a conclusion Video.

And now that we played several games of,it is time for the Review.

Nonetheless,Great to See that you have Plans for this game, even for 2017.

The campaign aspect Sounds interesting as well as the themed expansions. Do you Plan additional game boards or Do you want to focus on cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
The first game will likely focus more on cards (including more world scenarios for the base game). I'm undecided on whether to have a new board and it will really depend on the gameplay mechanics of the new Villain. The expansion into the Realm of Dreams will definitely have a new map/board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only use a new board/or a sideboard if it is essential gameplay-wise or for the theme. So f.e. introduce new mechanics (like the Innsmouth board for Arkham Horror).

But nothing is more frustrating than having a new board without use. As you have already proven: You can achieve immersion with the actual game board.

And keep in mind that one of the strenghts of your game is the elegance in its simplicity.

Nothing stands in-between the players and the immersion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.