5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Hale
Canada
flag msg tools
Been playing a Game of Thrones for some time and recently taught it to another group of friends just the other day when an interesting situation came up.

Lannisters were pushed back to only a few provinces near Lannisport and engaged in a massive fight with the Baratheons. When the Lannisters pulled back, they had Supply track 5 (4-3-2-2 as I recall) and his 4 army was forced to retreat. As it was surrounded by a few his other units he was looking at retreating them in a way that his armies would be 3-3-2-2.

I was always under the impression that you couldn't have two armies of 3 but instead you could only have one army of 4, one of 3, then two of 2 (with supply 5). I checked in the rules and there's no specific mention of using a max-4 army as a 3 while already having another 3 army.

Any thoughts of this? At the time we let it go and I've been researching. So far I've found no mention of this anywhere. Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's sizes of up to 4, up to 3, up to 2, up to 2. With your interpretation, it would be too hard to build your armies up - you wouldn't be able to go through any intermediate steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RULEBOOK, PAGE 8

Each column on the Supply track has a resulting set of flags. These flags illustrate the number of different armies, and the maximum number of units in each such army, that a House may field on the game board.

Supply means the MAXIMUM number of units in your armies, not the SPECIFIC number.

You may certainly have two armies of 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, when you retreat, you must move all your units into one area, and when you are the attacker, you must retreat to where you came from (unless a house card says otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
ptyx wrote:
However, when you retreat, you must move all your units into one area, and when you are the attacker, you must retreat to where you came from (unless a house card says otherwise).

Both of those rules I did not do when I started playing this game. Common thing to forget

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.