Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for playtesters for my latest project - provisionally titled "ACW Solitaire".

ACW Solitaire is similar in feel to some of my other games, such as Solitaire Caesar (ID: 23915) and Vietnam Solitaire (ID: 26306).

ACW Solitaire covers the whole of the American Civil War from the large battles of the East to the Indian raids in the West. The game uses area movement and the player is the Union side. The aim of the game is to enable the player to try different strategies to crush the Confederacy, which the player should do - it is possible, but unlikely, that the Confederates might win.

The game consists of a mapboard and about 90 counters, representing Armies, Generals, River Boats, Naval Fleets, Forts and Indians ("Civilised" and "Independent"). It should take between 1 and 2 hours to play.

If you want to playtest this game, please email me at kerpob@tesco.net - do not geekmail me as I rarely remember to check it!

I will be (gratefully) accepting playtesters up until the end of this month (May) and I hope to receive comments back from playtesters by the end of June.

I would like playtesters to print and play the game at least once, but would also welcome any feedback about clarity and appearance as well as how the game plays.

Thankyou for your time,

Dave Kershaw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Playtesters Required: P&P Solitaire American Civil War G
cparsons and lesulm1 - my reply to you bounced - not sure why that is - the playtest file is less than 400K. If you have an alternative email address, or have fixed the problem, just let me know.

DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent. Looking forward to antoher ACW game.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. At this point I do not need any more playtesters, existing playtesters who have responded will get version 2 soon. I hope to get the game published by end of August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that David! I thought you were looking for reports at the end of June, so I have sent nothing to you yet!blush
I was planning to send my report in on my off day this Friday. I will still do that and I apologize again for being tardy!
ScottH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott - that's OK, please send me the info - I've sent you version 2 as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.