Subject: Live Play of ST: Ascendancy on Twitch! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Live: Wednesday, 11-02-16 8:30pm EST Live on Twitch!

Want to see how the game is played before purchasing? Want to ask questions during gameplay about the game? Want to heckle the Federation player because he lacks the capability of cloaking their own ships? Then you are in the right thread! Join me for Star Trek: Ascendancy and stellar fun live on Twitch! Kzillatv, the home of viewer live board game play! http://www.twitch.tv/kzillatv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Har
msg tools
Assuming you mean Thursday 11-03-16, and not Today, 11-02?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's happening in the Mirror Universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be at work. Will there be an upload on YouTube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthjer wrote:
Assuming you mean Thursday 11-03-16, and not Today, 11-02?

Whoops, it was Wednesday, not Thursday! My bad! The Q got to me. Edited for correctness! Will have to record another session again soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
I will be at work. Will there be an upload on YouTube?

Sure will! I can toss a link to it once I have it uploaded. Game was great, a large chunk was figuring it out. Once we got the turn order cooking, it went much smoother. Read at your own risk below!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We didn't get to finish, game went long, about 4 hours and no end in site plus bonus phone drama from one of the guests!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for my thoughts after one gameplay:

-Need a big table, this thing takes space. I should have expanded my table to 7 feet instead of the usual 5 feet.
-Rules once you mentally get through say two turns, move very fast. Simultaneous turns I would recommend first few turns as its mostly just exploring.
-Federation is for exploring, Klingons are built for war, Romulans is a mix of both. I played Romulans and felt like I had many choices(sometimes too many) as to whether be more warlike or more culture based.
-Trade Agreements will vastly move your game along much faster. Production is a pain in the beginning and you feel like you don't have enough resources. One of the advanced rules is to start with resources, I recommend that for a quicker game.
-Hegemony absorbing warp capability societies is VASTLY superior than planetary involvement IMO. While it does cost you culture, you won't lose ships which I find to be a very important resource. Planetary invasion can costs ships plus the potential nodes already onsite.
-Starbases should be in a forward position close to the center of the universe but not too close to the enemy. I made that mistake and since I didn't have a fleet to defend, enemy built one after my turn and immediately beat my weak defense.
-Not a fan of the bidding for turn. I understand it, but I'd rather keep it random. Make sure to play the rule of keeping your turn hidden instead of turning it over. Going first is pretty important in most cases.
-Seemed like there alot of civilization discoveries and not as many crises that we ran through. I'd like to see more crises.
-Balancing whether to research, build or upgrade weapons/shields is a tough decision. As Romulans, even more so.
-One hour timeframe per person playing could work, but won't until you have played at least 2-4 games with everyone. Antcipate 1.5hrs per player, maybe more if you have alot of PA players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Federation supremacy is sort of a funny game. They innate a space battle to destroy all ships in a system then use hegemony to take over the system. Join our culture because our ships blew up yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool thanks for doing this guys, I'll be watching while I finish painting up the pieces.

(You can see them in the Images section above on BGG as I complete them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the youtube link as promised! Hours of stupid conversation, gameplay, rules and more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.