Popular Tags: [View All]
John K
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I was wondering what your thoughts were for purchasing Via Nebula or Concordia? I know they are drastically different but I am looking for a game that keeps players interacted even when it is not their turn. I am also looking for a game that has resource management. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freightrain12 wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering what your thoughts were for purchasing Via Nebula or Concordia? I know they are drastically different but I am looking for a game that keeps players interacted even when it is not their turn. I am also looking for a game that has resource management. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Cheers

Concordia ALL DAY LONG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noteworthy that you are getting Concordia as the answer on Via Nebula's home (forum) turf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Via Nebula is lighter, shorter, easier to teach/learn

Personally I find Concordia extremely dry and themeless- I prefer Via Nebula. They are very different games though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cat Five
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both!

...but the game you're looking for is Concordia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not enjoy Concordia (agree with it being boring, dry and long), so my vote would be Via Nebula.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I'd say Via Nebula since you ask for interaction and being engaged during other players' turns. Concordia is a good game no doubt but in my opinion it has one big problem: it is very difficult to see how well you are doing and even moreso for the other players. Scoring is a bit tricky and not easy to calculate. Everything in Via Nebula is open and tracking how it's going is easy. It is very much a game of chicken of who opens up a route first so the tension remains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't feel a lot of tension from Via Nebula. I find Concordia more interactive because you need to pay attention to what others are doing to try play off or contrary to their actions. I think it depends on your group. Early games of Concordia can be AP prone, hence the feeling of boredom. But it has more depth long term, and several expansion maps for variety. Via Nebula is pretty quick, maybe half as long as Concordia, so it depends on what else you're looking for, but neither are directly interactive, just indirectly in that you look around to see what people have and what you need to do to beat them to the punch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are very different games.
Surely you have room for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.