Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you emigrate if the square where you have to place the tile has a worker on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
BigMacRepair wrote:
Can you emigrate if the square where you have to place the tile has a worker on it?

I don't know the answer, but lol that must have been some sort of record high score if you have that issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that there are 3 empty spaces for emigration already from round 1, and that you get an additional half space per round thereafter (and the cost of emigration continues to rise) I am not sure that you could achieve a scenario where you would encounter that problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Given that there are 3 empty spaces for emigration already from round 1, and that you get an additional half space per round thereafter (and the cost of emigration continues to rise) I am not sure that you could achieve a scenario where you would encounter that problem.

Sadly, I'm sitting at my desk at work, so I can't test this assertion, but it sounds like a really interesting challenge! If anyone can come up with a way to do it, please let us know (in a spoiler box, preferably)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The math says it's possible in a solo game, it's certainly possible in a 2p game where the other players is focusing on other stuff.
Think by round 5 you could have your board filled if your only focus is getting those emigration tiles up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know but would rule no as your population isn't big enough for more of them to emigrate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rulebook, page 17:
in the unlikely case that there is not enough space for you to place a ship tile, you cannot emigrate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Derphausen wrote:
Rulebook, page 17:
in the unlikely case that there is not enough space for you to place a ship tile, you cannot emigrate.

I don't think that's what's being asked. I think the OP was asking what happens if you try to place your final emigration boat before round 7, for example, so there's still a worker underneath it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Derphausen wrote:
Rulebook, page 17:

I don't think that's what's being asked. I think the OP was asking what happens if you try to place your final emigration boat before round 7, for example, so there's still a worker underneath it.

No, I think that's exactly what the OP is asking. When the quoted section from pg 17 mentions "not enough space", I think it's clear that it is referring to space at the feast table, and the only way for there not to be space is if a Viking is in the way. The only other interpretation would be "not enough space at the docks", but it seems highly unlikely that having filled your docks would somehow prevent you from emigrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Derphausen wrote:
Rulebook, page 17:

No, I think that's exactly what the OP is asking. When the quoted section from pg 17 mentions "not enough space", I think it's clear that it is referring to space at the feast table, and the only way for there not to be space is if a Viking is in the way. The only other interpretation would be "not enough space at the docks", but it seems highly unlikely that having filled your docks would somehow prevent you from emigrating.

It could be referring to the big spaces that the boats fit inside of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
dmoser22 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Derphausen wrote:
Rulebook, page 17:

It could be referring to the big spaces that the boats fit inside of.

This was my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J & N
msg tools
mb
The german rules are clear about this:

Quote:
In dem unwahrscheinlichen Fall, dass ihr schon so viele Auswanderungen durchgeführt habt, dass eure Wikinger auf der Festtafel einem weiteren Auswanderungsschiff den Platz versperren, ist eine Auswanderung nicht möglich.

Translation of this monster:

Quote:
In the unlikely event that you emigrated so many times that your vikings on the Banquet Table are blocking placement of another emigration ship, emigrating is not possible.

Could have been phrased more clearly, but it means Derphausen is correct: vikings block spaces for emigrating ships. Obviously the clarity was lost in translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icks wrote:

Quote:
In dem unwahrscheinlichen Fall, dass ihr schon so viele Auswanderungen durchgeführt habt, dass eure Wikinger auf der Festtafel einem weiteren Auswanderungsschiff den Platz versperren, ist eine Auswanderung nicht möglich.

Quote:
In the unlikely event that you emigrated so many times that your vikings on the Banquet Table are blocking placement of another emigration ship, emigrating is not possible.

Could have been phrased more clearly, but it means Derphausen is correct: vikings block spaces for emigrating ships. Obviously the clarity was lost in translation.

Like so many other aspects of this game: thematically sound.

ooooh, I am loving this game the more I get to know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icks wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can't see any difference between German and English. It's translated very directly word by word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1869 wrote:
icks wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can't see any difference between German and English. It's translated very directly word by word.

That's because the above poster wrote that translation. The actual English rules say something different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.