Popular Tags: [View All]
David Henderson
Australia
Oakleigh
Vic
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All,

I was hoping you could point me in the direction of any gaming clubs in central or north London. I am don't mind what I play really from beer and pretzel type stuff right up to WiF. Any information would be appreciated.

cheers

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in North London too. I'm a member of the London Boardgame Club which meets in Ealing, West London every 2 weeks or so - usually on a Sunday. I haven't been able to attend as many meetings as I would like to, but it is a great bunch of people and always good fun - a very wide range of games played.

If you're interested, the website can be found at this link. If you want to join, email Bob and he'll give you details about when and where.

http://www.lbgc.co.uk

Where in North London do you live? I live in Harringay. If you're nearby and interested in meeting up occasionally for a two player game some evening, let me know.

Best wishes,

Marty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Finchley Games Club

There are more options at the UK_faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm the Finchley Games Club (finchleygamesclub.org - site not quite right yet, but info O.K.) treasurer for my sins.
If you can read an A-Z you will find us.
We've currently got a Formula De season/Samurai role-playing running alternate weeks and there is generally a couple of CCGs plus a couple of boardgame tables going as well. We don't generally go weightier than Imperial or (attempts at)7 Ages during the week, but you might acquire opponents for meatier games if you come and liaise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can wholeheartedly recommend Swiggers. Per the UK Boardgame FAQ:

http://www.pevans.co.uk/Swiggers/
Swiggers is a board games club that meets every Wednesday evening (as it has done for over 25 years!) in central London. Our current venue is upstairs at The Shipwright's Arms, 88 Tooley Street, London SE1 (a couple of minutes' walk from London Bridge stations).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henderson
Australia
Oakleigh
Vic
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies - apologies for the delay in responding. I will check out the various links.

cheers

David

p.s Marty I live in Golders Green area and would be happy to catch up for a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Fisher
United Kingdom
Barnet
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
finchleygamesclub.org - site not quite right yet, but info O.K.

I'll get there, eventually.

- Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Frew
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can really recommend Gameforce on the 3rd (?) sunday of each month

A whole day of games with a free (with £2/session club subs) raffle (2+ prizes)

Lots of people (25+ for board games - many more roleplaying etc in the basement) and loads of games to choose from

http://community.livejournal.com/gameforce/

I recently started going to London on Board - it's a smaller group meeting near Liverpool Street Tube - around 10+ people a week alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This week's is a Wednesday:

http://boardgames.meetup.com/332/

Thoroughly recommended as well, selection limited to what people bring along each week (about 10 games usually). If you brought anything along there would always be a bunch ready to try it.

Hope to see you there

Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
While it's not a club per se, NerdLDN is a new forum dedicated to helping London's gaming communities get to know each other and help gamers and clubs get together to play. We've only been open a short time and would very much like to get London's boardgaming clubs, groups and individuals on board so as to provide a one-stop-shop for gamers in the big smoke. We're not competing with clubs, in fact we would like to hear from clubs so that we can provide a link and some information for new gamers in London and get people playing rather than having to post on multiple sites and shops looking for a game.
We can be found here...
www.nerdldn.com
...and would love your input and participation in order to really build a cohesive community for London's nerds. Currently we have a large RPG gang but there is interest in wargaming and boardgaming from our little (but growing) crowd.
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls