Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you spend servants on actions granted by cards?
The rules don't seem to allow this, but some card actions grant a card buy at strength 4, which only makes sense to me if you can bump it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
The rules don't seem to allow this, but some card actions grant a card buy at strength 4, which only makes sense to me if you can bump it up.

Yes you can always use assistants to raise the value of a die (and even the cards have a die depicted on the bottom left).

Simone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
ufotexspa wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Yes you can always use assistants to raise the value of a die (and even the cards have a die depicted on the bottom left).

Simone.

Thank you for the quick reply.

The confusion was due to the rule book only mentioning servants in conjunction with placing a family member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Benvenuti
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
ufotexspa wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Simone.

The confusion was due to the rule book only mentioning servants in conjunction with placing a family member.

Look at page 6 of the rulebook, top right corner, "Immediate effects example".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's something that could be fixed mentioning and "servants in conjunction with placing a family member or a free action because of a card"

But yes, everytime you're going to perform an action (taking card, harvest...) you can spend servants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benga wrote:
JonBen wrote:
ufotexspa wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Simone.

Look at page 6 of the rulebook, top right corner, "Immediate effects example".

Thank you for pointing that out. I don't like it when rules are buried in examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.