Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: ARTIPIA who are you blaming for no campaign mode and no news about it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many have no received their game, and that is just looking at people that bother to comments in KS. My replacement mini has not arrive (thanks haven was no a game braker)

You said, nothing we can do. Is not on our hands. I get it, Drawlab admitted faults. That is on THEM.

What about Campaign mode?

on Late August, I asked about the campaign mode. On sept 13, I ask again. Finally received a answer "we are working on it" This chat was done tru the KS. Then I emailed you, I received a "spiel delayed things, but more to come soon", that was early Oct (10/3/16)

The game was delay due to shipping and mini, but the campaign mode was suppose to be ready for july, 2016, is a PDF, assuming you were working on it when you said you were. So Drawlab is the one to blame on the delay of the physical game; are you actualy responsible for the campaign mode, or should you start contacting whoever is so that person (company) take responsibility for it? or is it time for you to do so?

what game mechanic are you guys working / planning? done with theories and doing playtesting? how far into it are u? ETA? .. are you announcing that this is in YOUR HAND and would we ever get any news on it? Or are you planning to wait until everyone forget about it and you don't have to fulfill this?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Treachery In A Pocket today!
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
Many have no received their game, and that is just looking at people that bother to comments in KS. My replacement mini has not arrive (thanks haven was no a game braker)

You said, nothing we can do. Is not on our hands. I get it, Drawlab admitted faults. That is on THEM.

What about Campaign mode?

on Late August, I asked about the campaign mode. On sept 13, I ask again. Finally received a answer "we are working on it" This chat was done tru the KS. Then I emailed you, I received a "spiel delayed things, but more to come soon", that was early Oct (10/3/16)

The game was delay due to shipping and mini, but the campaign mode was suppose to be ready for july, 2016, is a PDF, assuming you were working on it when you said you were. So Drawlab is the one to blame on the delay of the physical game; are you actualy responsible for the campaign mode, or should you start contacting whoever is so that person (company) take responsibility for it? or is it time for you to do so?

what game mechanic are you guys working / planning? done with theories and doing playtesting? how far into it are u? ETA? .. are you announcing that this is in YOUR HAND and would we ever get any news on it? Or are you planning to wait until everyone forget about it and you don't have to fulfill this?

Thanks

Hi,

There are several things we've been playtesting regarding the campaign and it is taking shape nicely. We are still doing playtesting but hopefully everything will be ready within the month.

To be honest, a combination of Spiel 2016 preparations and the fact the there are backers who are still waiting for their copies made us postpone the campaign's development since it would be nice to have everyone receive the game before moving on to further content. As the designers of the game, backer psychology and mood directly affects ours.

We do understand however that there are many people who are already enjoying the game for which we are very grateful.

We hope to have it ready within the month and post it online.

Here is some information on what's coming.

1) When beginning a campaign, players get to form a team of 5 Characters.
2) Campaigns are flexible so the number of players can vary from mission to mission. In other words you can play your first mission with 4 players, continue with 2 players and then return to 4 without any problems.
3) Players are not allowed to search for items and weapons as it is done in normal games. Instead, they start with specific stuff and get to acquire more throughout the campaign. This way they form an arsenal which is always at their disposal as the campaign progresses.
4) Wounded characters require actual time off to recover and heal some of their wounds. In other words, wounds stay on the Character from mission to mission. You can choose to keep a Character on the bench in order for him/her to recover and use another member of the team instead. This allows players choose different member of the team to play with each mission.
5) By completing missions, players get both Character benefits and team benefits. Those are represented in the form of multiple choice benefits for the team and XP for Character benefits.
6) Each mission in the campaign is sort of unique and has its own rules, setup etc.
7) There are two ways to lose the campaign. Losing a certain amount of times throughout the campagin OR if two team members die during the campaign.
8) When losing a mission something bad (randomly determined) will take place during your next mission. However there are also bad things happening permanently after specific numbers of loses.

I hope the above information gives you a glimpse on what is coming

Thank you very much

Konstantinos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Beyer
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
An in-depth thoughtful response like this is much appreciated given how frustrating everything has been!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign mode sounds pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Konstantinos,

Will the campaign make use of the Adrenaline expansion, perhaps as optional branching scenarios for those of us who purchased it?

it would be nice to be able to use the new game boards during a campaign.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh wow.. nice! love the sound of this.
Thanks for reply.

Is a shame that I had to post a harshish thread (and a email) to get any info about this. Considering how things are in the KS, an update with the gameplay of the campaign and that is to release within 1 month (assuming that is accurate) would land pretty good.

If this campaign mode is release within 1 month as stated here, some update is publish, and artipia future games are NOT with Drawlab I would go for expansions or others interested KS from Artipia.

The gameplay on this game is pretty nice. Only advice I would give to @konstantinos for future expansions if any, is to make the objectives so that they set apart from each other better.

Again thanks for the reply,
would be looking forward to this.

EDIT: I need to add this:
3pod wrote:
....the fact the there are backers who are still waiting for their copies made us postpone the campaign's development since it would be nice to have everyone receive the game before moving on to further content. As the designers of the game, backer psychology and mood directly affects ours.

We do understand however that there are many people who are already enjoying the game for which we are very grateful.

We hope to have it ready within the month and post it online

yes, you have half of your customer upset; I really don't think that is smart to upset the other half. Nor is appropriate to blame the delay by Drawlab into affecting the release of the campaign mode. psychology affecting you or no.

Hope the "within" the month don't transform into another year. I`m one that is always good with delays (OMD, middara...) but the excuses and silent are a bit insane even for me on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Treachery In A Pocket today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Will the campaign make use of the Adrenaline expansion, perhaps as optional branching scenarios for those of us who purchased it?

it would be nice to be able to use the new game boards during a campaign.

Thanks.

This is tricky. We want anyone to be able to play the campaign (even if they do not have the Adrenaline expansion) but at the same time including it gives us much more design space.

Our thoughts for now is to introduce in a later chapter. Of course anyone will still be able to use the Characters and Alien from it right from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rivsung
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to actually RECEIVE the game, at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catka wrote:
It would be nice to actually RECEIVE the game, at some point.
Lots of complaints, few delivery notices. Progress is slow and frustrating but happening. I also wait, patiently but with a slight roll to my eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Konstantinos,

Just another vote of support and a plea to not only finish the campaign mode but also continue development of other expansions to Project Elite. It really is a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.