Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games line-up looks pretty average this season, think I'll only tune in for Fury of Dracula.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Already a thread about this on the very first page

But I'll gladly use any opportunity to share my enthusiasm for the show!

"Yay!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
The games line-up looks pretty average this season, think I'll only tune in for Fury of Dracula.

For me it's less about the games and more about the interraction between Wil and his guests. Lanterns is a pretty simple game and can be quite dry with some groups but on TableTop it was very fun to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent!! I've missed table top.

the ones I'm definitely looking forward to:

fury of Dracula
eldritch horror
Mysterium
tiny epic galaxies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ringo Stalin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad it's finally back, but it should be noted that (in Wil's own words):

'The first two episodes of the season will be on YouTube as usual, then Legendary’s moving the show to their Alpha subscription service.

The show will continue to stream on Alpha, and then, on January 30, 2017, the Alpha exclusivity window will end, and show will pick back up on YouTube with episode 3. So if you choose not to sign up for Legendary’s streaming subscription service, that’s when you’ll be able to find our show where it’s always been.

At the moment, I can’t really share my personal feelings on this whole thing, but I’m pretty sure that I can say this: however and whenever and wherever you choose to watch our show, I hope you enjoy it. It’s a good season, and I’m really proud of it.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:

For me it's less about the games and more about the interraction between Wil and his guests. Lanterns is a pretty simple game and can be quite dry with some groups but on TableTop it was very fun to watch.

Absolutely. There have been a number of games in past seasons that I have no interest whatsoever in playing ("Dead of Winter", "Star Wars: X-Wing", "Fortune and Glory" for example), but I still watched the episodes because Tabletop is an entertainment show. Not a "how to play", not a game review show, but a show predicated on the interaction between more or less charismatic people engaging in a hobby I find interesting in general.

I will note that I've used it to get a feel for whether I'd like a specific game or not, and that's partly because watching other people play gives me an understanding of the player interactions (something no review or how-to-play can ever do fully), but that's very much secondary to the entertainment function. And that - that it's a light entertainment show - is what makes Tabletop so important for the hobby, I think: it gives people who may not have thought about board games as a viable activity an idea of how modern board games play (not in terms of specific mechanisms, but the overall flow and flavour), and that they are fun and social pastimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
...a show predicated on the interaction between more or less charismatic people engaging in a hobby I find interesting in general.
I'm glad you enjoy it and hope you like this season but therein lies my problem - I don't find a great deal of the guests that charismatic so I need an interesting game to make it watchable.

I do agree with your point about it being primarily an entertainment show - I'd watch a show about paint drying if the guests were Churchill, Einstein, Elizabeth I, Genghis Khan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Wil take more time at the beginning of the episode to explain the games rules? I feel like that segment was longer than in years past. Particularly for a relatively rules lite game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thip wrote:
Already a thread about this on the very first page

►TableTop Season 4 starting tomorrow...kind of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.