Popular Tags: [View All]
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Published Rules and keywords
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139273/warfighter-keywords...
And
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139272/warfighter-wwii-rul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I was a bit cautious for WWII version but while I browsed rulebook it become tempting to buy.
What I noticed basic rules will be the same as in modern game but cards will make much difference.

There is only one flaw which also is still present in modern version (from rulebook reader perspective). Player soldier will be best choice for a team cause they have a hand of card. Higher cost of these soldiers or more expensive "discard and draw" action could possibly fix it.

When the WWII will appear in my online shops it is high chance I'll buy it anyway : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player soldiers are the most versatile and powerful - by all means you could just use them. They do cost a lot of RP.

Non Player Soldiers lack the hand of cards, but are cheaper than PS and in the card mix of WW2 they can provide useful skills/gear.

Squad Soldiers are the cheapest, from 1 RP! Also in the WW2 card mix - some come with skills/gear!

This change in focus of capability between WF Special Forces and WF WWII was to change the theme of the game from individual/fire team to fire team/squad.

There are a lot of the usual Action cards that have come before - plus a number of new ones. There are a couple of SF cards you won't find in WWII as well! Deliberately so to model the difference in the theme.

Weapons - are consistent in function and RP, but also different in significant ways (eg Deployed MG Spray effect - which may find its way into WF SF, while the Bolt Action mechanism might not).

Aiming aids - what aiming aid apart from skill?
Telescopic sights are factory matched to sniper rifles - so don't come separately (or for Tripod MGs they come with the Tripod).
Also some weapon types are not as good as SF - deliberate again for thematic differences.

Stealth weapons - apart from mellee - few and far between. Again thematic - More ways to kill stealthful or explosively is planned for a Covert Expansion(s), but the theme of WWII till then will be frontline soldiers.

Of course I am biased! But I believe that WF WWII will attract WF SF players because it has similarities and differences.

Ps. DVG has plans for WF to be well supported and to includ.... arg... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.