Subject: Hand refill discrepancy between rulebooks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When do I refill my hand (besides when getting bitarrrh )?

The older rule book for Get Bit! (in BGG files section, "robotmartini" ) has you refill your hand at 1 card (it says "less than 2").

The newer rule books say 2 cards* (Mayday* and Deluxe Tin).

And, the shark exp says "Like a swimmer, if the shark is ever down to just one card in his hand, he picks up all his cards."

What is the correct way to play? Is it 2 cards? But, if you are using the shark exp, then it is one card? I sent an email to Mayday.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked all over BGG and didn't see anything. I didn't see a FAQ or anything at Mayday either.

* Sort of... There's even a discrepancy in the Mayday/non-deluxe tin rules:

It says: "Any player who has only two card in his hand picks up all his cards", but then in the example it says: "Ted is down to one card in his hand, so he also picks up all his played cards."

I added the bold face^^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be when you get down to 1 card in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Wow, the Deluxe tin rules say it's 2 cards... in 2 different places! (rules and example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
frog213 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Wow, the Deluxe tin rules say it's 2 cards... in 2 different places! (rules and example).

Yeah, I mentioned it to Mayday when this printing came out and hopefully it'll get fixed in the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually played it both ways and like the "down to one" rule best. Besides it being the right rule from Dave (the game designer), it also puts those who haven't been bitten much at a competitive disadvantage as the rounds progress.

Mayday has taken note of this and will be sure the next printing will have this fixed in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.