Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm reading through the rulebook and the following blurbs are on page 10:

"If there is 5 or more pit water in the tunnel, no coal can be excavated."

(Referring to the Haspelknecht): "Per action, he can remove 2 pit water from the shaft or excavate 1 coal back to the surface. Excavated coal is stored in the courtyard area on the player board."

(Again referring to the Haspelknecht): "If there is more than 1 pit water in the pit, he must remove it first."

So, this brings me to the following questions:

1. Are they using "excavate" in two different ways? That's the only way the first two can make sense, right? In the first, it actually means "mined", and in the second, it's referring to reeling it up from the shaft - am I understanding that right?

2. "Courtyard area" - is this the same as the farm area?

3. So, if I understand correctly, if there is 0 or 1 pit water in the tunnel, you can mine and excavate. If there are 2-4 pit water, you can mine but not excavate. If there are 5+ pit water, you can do neither. Is this right?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on all counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
Correct on all counts.

Awesome thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.