Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
There have been multiple posts about this, but I'm still not entirely clear:

Example 1. I'm on the 0 space of the area 1 influence track. I tap 3 cards and increase my influence there by 3. So my marker moves from the 0 space to the 3 space (assuming no one else is on the 3 space). I have no question about this example. It's the next 2 examples I want to be sure of.

Example 2. I'm not yet on the influence track in area 1. I tap 1 card and increase my influence there by 1. So my marker goes on the 0 space, joining other players who may already be on the 0 space of that track?

Example 3. I'm not yet on the influence track in area 1. I tap 3 cards and increase my influence there by 3. So my marker goes on the 2 space of that track (assuming no else is on the 2 space)?

Thanks! Just wanted to be sure about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody starts on the 0 space. The only time you can be on the 0 space is during the end game scoring when your cube can be pushed down to the 0 space - see the scoring example on p5 of teh rulebook.

From the rulebook p6 Propraetor: "Important: ... At the start of the game, no player has a marker on the board, you do not start from the 0 space. This is important, as the markers on the 0 space are worth points at the end, while those out of the game are worthless."

So in your examples:

1) If you are on the 0 space then by definition it is the end of the game and you are scoring therefore you have no opportunity to play cards.

2) You have no influence in an area. You tap one card to raise area influence by 1. Your cube moves from your pool of cubes and is placed on the 1 space.

3) You have no influence in an area. You tap three cards to raise area influence by 3. Your cube moves from your pool of cubes and is placed on the 3 space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
sapper_D wrote:
Nobody starts on the 0 space. The only time you can be on the 0 space is during the end game scoring when your cube can be pushed down to the 0 space - see the scoring example on p5 of teh rulebook.

From the rulebook p6 Propraetor: "Important: ... At the start of the game, no player has a marker on the board, you do not start from the 0 space. This is important, as the markers on the 0 space are worth points at the end, while those out of the game are worthless."

So in your examples:

1) If you are on the 0 space then by definition it is the end of the game and you are scoring therefore you have no opportunity to play cards.

2) You have no influence in an area. You tap one card to raise area influence by 1. Your cube moves from your pool of cubes and is placed on the 1 space.

3) You have no influence in an area. You tap three cards to raise area influence by 3. Your cube moves from your pool of cubes and is placed on the 3 space.

I could have sworn I read a post from the designer saying otherwise. But now I can't find it or maybe I misunderstood what he was saying. In any event, all this makes perfect sense to me. Thanks again Damon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.