Subject: Forbidden Stars Privacy Screen + Upgrade Control Panel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
FS is one of my favourite games and as a father of one, time is of the essence when playing it with my friends.

I've already posted it before on another thread, but I've updated the graphics of the screen as seen below. It sure works well when paired with my Foam Core insert (thanks to PubMeeple.com!) and this "Control Panel" achieves :

1. Players can see the race Order and Combat "Tech Tree" in a glance. Handy for new players to make decisions faster!
2. Players can see the number of units left in a glance (or clip-on some rules reference, or any other info downloaded from the BGG section)
3. Saves space on the table, since the upgrade cards are on the board.
4. Hide your remaining Order Tokens from the enemy's sight
5. Speeds up Setup and Tear down
6. You can decorate this thing, based on your faction

Fits in perfectly in the box

Thanks for looking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a thumbs up from the game designer himself is sure a humbling experience indeed. Thanks!!

Oh, and additional notes : The cards are easily removable from the board as I sleeved the with KMC perfect fit sleeves, and the sleeves on the board are regular penny sleeves cut to half. That way the Perfect Size sleeves can easily be inserted/removed in the mounted regular sleeves.

With this setup, I've managed to cut down a 2 player game (we both only have played 1 game of FS prior) to 90 mins. My opponent is also a pretty AP player since he is a Computer Programmer LOL.

And the game after that when we have nailed down most of the rules and restrictions, we clocked in about 70+ mins only.

For those complaining about the game length of FS, get your butt up and start purchasing/building a custom insert and use the player boards I've posted above.

Make use of the documents found in the Files section on BGG, especially the awesome Battle Board MKII!

Other highly recommended documents that can keep a new player on track is to print are the Universal Head Rules summary, Forbidden Stars Rules Summary with Missed Rules / Rules Gotchas (the 2nd page has a nice summary of all the race's strength and weak units), the offical/unofficial FAQs, Database, and other documents uploaded by users in BGG that you see fit meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the next thing on your list will be a table, playing on tile has got to be tough but extra points for dedication
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heretic_dave wrote:
Looks like the next thing on your list will be a table, playing on tile has got to be tough but extra points for dedication

Haha, nah I played all my newer CGs/BGs on a table, usually in a nearby Cafe with my buddies. I just take pictures of the game on the tile at home for your viewing convenience.

That being said, the only games I've ever played on my home tiles is solo Gears of War BG. The maps can grow huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.