Subject: KDM - Gear Quick Ref Sheets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to make some quick ref sheets detailing all the gear you can get from each location that can be added into these sleeves behind the corresponding location so I can quickly remind myself what each thing I can craft or get actually does.

If you are interested in the files please let me know via PM and I'll send you a link.

I use these bags to sleeve my settlement locations:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J01XP52/ref=oh_aui_deta... You have to fold the edge over, but it works great to hold both.

My printer has a 2cm margin so these sheets account for that and are slightly smaller than your standard 8.5 x 11 page. So hopefully that works for others as well. Print them out in landscape mode on a standard 8.5 x 11 page. Each page consists of 2 ref sheets. Each ref sheet is a column 4 inches wide and 8 inches long. I put the 2 ref sheets right next to each other in order to reduce the amount of cutting needed. Cut off the white excess and a single cut between the 2 ref sheet columns should yield 2 ref sheets for 2 locations. These should then fit behind each location if you use sleeves like I do. Or just keep them handy for quick reference instead of having to thumb through cards when you forget what it's stats are while crafting etc.

I also made 2 location cards for the Dark water research and Sense Memory found in the manuals in order to have something to put the corresponding ref sheets behind. I also made ref sheets for the green knight armor and the forest gate that can be used in combination with rabidblackdogs variant settlement locations. Found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132234/rabidblackdogs-var...

If you do not like using sleeves for the location cards you could always print these on sticker sheets or just use double-sided tape if you don't mind the permanence of of adhesive.

If you have any questions let me know. Hopefully some people find these useful.
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: KDM - Gear Cheat Sheets
good job, it's neat stuff to have
... but, why sleeve settlement locations? they don't get shuffled (and they are black, so paper won't even turn yellow with age)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to sound like a party pooper here, but this kind of information is something I would't dare to publish ever without asking Adam first. And I can guess his answer.

I have done my own settlement cheat sheets for the gear stuff, but never thought of publishing it right away.

And of course there is always also the spoiler point of view for the players who haven't reach certain stage on their Timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If I've paid $100–$400 for a game, you better believe I'm going to sleeve every last possible component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update with example picture of how these fit with settlement location cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea for the quick reference equipment chart on the back of the settlement locations. I have been trialing all sorts of ways of sleeving my KDM cards - currently the equipment cards are in a big folder but this is way better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
PM sent. I've got laminated reference sheets for most items in the game, and these would definitely make the "shopping" experience during the settlement phase much easier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.