Subject: A Short Analysis of the Promo Heroes and Ban List. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, all.
So, there are 2 kinds of promo heroes in PTDX.
Those that are based on mythological/historical figures, and those based on current live people and/or characters.

Some of them break the PT rules, such as, for example,
Mark PTO (Robot)'s Order: Throw this card onto the table from a height of 2 feet. Any heroes it touches are defeated. or
Eric Lang (Fantastic Game Designer)'s Vanguard: +1 Attack Strength for each game you own designed by Eric Lang (max. 4).

These are automatically removed from my list of playable cards. Sure, they can be fun for a laugh, but if you want to play genuine PT, I don't consider them.

Now, most historical/mythological heroes are perfectly acceptable and usable. The problem comes from the other promos, the ones based on living people or board games.

So if you want to play with promos, any which way you choose (possibly by having two full sets of promos), or by adding them as described in the rules, here's my list of the cards I WOULD BAN from the promos. Either because I consider them OP or because they break the fourth wall, so to speak.

This is just my personal opinion, but here it is. Also, a ban list and not an "allowed list" because there are less cards banned than allowed.

PROMO BAN LIST:
Apprentice [Violet]
Collector [Arcus]
Game Show Host [Roy]
Devil's Advocate [Grimesby]
Smasher [Paul Peterson]
Galley Cook [Pamela Keen]
Game Geek [Ernie the Geek]
Sound Guy [Chaz Charlton]
Robot [Mark PTO]
Gamemaster [Eliza]
Army of One [Sam Healey]
Game Pundit [Zee Garcia]
Game Designer [D. Brad Talton Jr. and Ignacy Trzewiczek]
Game Reviewer [Tom Vasel]
Game Artist [Fábio Fontes]
Game Caster [Eric Summerer]
Game Producer [Boyan Radakovich]
Fantastic Game Designer [Eric Lang]

Also from the historical/mythological figures set:
Ender [Kali] --> Printed stats should be 2 Attack and 5 Life on Hero side.
Fool [Lord of Misrule]

BANNED LEADER SIDE ONLY (Hero side permitted):
Thunder God [Zeus]
Shogun [Tokugawa Ieyasu]
Wondrous Game Designer [Antoine Bauza]
Blitzer [Reese]
Gatekeeper [The Gatekeeper]
Belle of the Ball [The Belle] (Probably should be.)
Bomber [Dr. Boom] (Probably should be.)

===

There you go. These are my recommendations, if you want to have fun playing "regular" Pixel Tactics but still be able to use some promos and freely mix them with regular decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.