Subject: Mouser Panic Score Board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished playing my first solo Mouser Panic game to get familiar with the rules and thought it might be fun to talk about high scores and strategies for doing well. If I understand the rules correctly, I believe a perfect score is 54 KOs. (I didn't, the perfect score is actually 74 I think)

54 = 14 (round 1) + 5 (rounds 2-6) * 8 (half the maximum mouser pool rounded up)
74 = 14 (round 1) + 5 (rounds 2-6) * 12 (the maximum spawn points on the map)

I played with the four turtles and managed to score 51 KOs in my first game. I was never in any serious danger of losing anyone, but Leo hovered a little over half health after taking the brunt of the attack on round 1; so I made him fall back for the rest of the game after getting a couple really good hits in with "Slice and Dice." After the first couple rounds, I pushed everyone else up to the front lines to KO mousers as they spawned (TMNT Arcade style). Donnie was definitely the MVP most of the game. "Guard" is OP while the mousers are approaching, and "Duz_Machines_84" is great for cleaning up. Mikey did some decent damage with "Whirling Shield," but I had to pull him back a little after losing about half his health. In the last half of the game, Raph picked up the slack and tore through mousers with the raw strength of his double shuriken dice (1 die per mouser is almost always a KO at range 2 since he gets 4 dice). In the final round Donnie proved his superiority by taking out the last 4 mousers with a single "Spin Attack" by spending 2 extra katana for 4 dice per attack.

I feel like I could have gotten a perfect score, but I forgot that focus tokens could be spent on attack and defense rolls so I missed out on some potential damage in round 1. Because I did so well on the first try, I'm wondering if maybe I played something wrong. When moving the mousers I did move them into positions where they were adjacent to as many turtles as possible in order to do the most damage (even if they were already adjacent to someone at the beginning of the round), but that often made them easy targets for Donnie's "Guard." So I'm thinking maybe I handled the automatic movement wrong, but I dunno. Otherwise, it seems like the mousers should maybe have 1 more health or an automatic guard since they get no defense dice, or maybe the whole pool should respawn every round.

In any case, I'm curious what everyone else's experience with this mission has been. How do the other three characters fare against the mousers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hartman

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
I gave this scenario a shot in solo mode last night to familiarize myself with the player mechanics. I pretty much took skills at random, the most useful being Donatello's spin attack.

Michelangelo got himself into a scrape pretty much immediately and spent 3 rounds KO'd. Very hard to get back up with those mousers!

I was keeping track of dead mousers with pizza tokens instead of focus, and if I recall correctly I ended up with something like 7 or 8 big pies and a few slices. So I suppose I rocked around 30 or 40 of those guys! They went down like flies, for sure, once I got rolling.

And for what it's worth, the scenario says not to follow the (half the maximum mouser pool) rule; you're just supposed to spawn all of them every round. I thought having this many enemies moving automatically every turn would be really fiddly and annoying, but it was actually not bad! I did get to itching for some more variety, and 6 rounds was pretty long to smack mousers around. However, the action dice forced me to make different decisions every round, and I definitely succeeded in understanding player mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, nice! I had to use the pizza tokens to track the score too. I must have overlooked that spawning rule. Spawning all the mousers every round definitely would have made it more challenging. I'm going to redo it tonight which should go much more quickly now that I understand how to play. I expect someone to be KO'd pretty quickly with that many mousers. The game is supposed to end if any character gets a KO token, right? So I think Mikey would have only been allowed to be KO'd one round for the game to continue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hartman

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
Ah! Then I missed that, myself. All the turtles were sucking wind at some point. That would make it much more intense, if none of them can be KO'd, and it's pretty dang hard to wake up in one round with 4 or 5 mousers standing around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave it a second try with the correct spawning rule this time and managed to get 69 KOs. Definitely much more difficult, but there are more targets for AoE attacks too. This time I played with Splinter, Casey, April, and Don. Don continues to be absurdly tough in this mission, and Casey was every bit as strong and resilient as you would expect. I was surprised how deadly Splinter proved to be, though. If you rely on "Grace" to move around instead of Skateboards, then you can dish out a ton of damage since he frequently gets double katana and double shuriken on each die; and if you have enough focus for it, you can use all your dice in the first attack and just keep repeating it with "Master's Speed." He's a glass cannon for sure, though, with only 7 health. I managed to protect him most of the game, but he got down to 1 health in the final round and was nearly KO'd. Casey came close to getting KO'd too on a couple occasions. He has a huge health pool and a lot of healing, but it burns out quickly since he gets so few shells to boost his defense. April is an excellent sniper with her "Gravity Gauntlet." I kept her away from the mousers until the end of the game and healed the rest occasionally with "First Aid."

I really enjoy this mission, but I don't think I'll be playing it again until more heroes are released. It's a great training mission for learning new heroes, and I can't wait to throw the full force of the Foot clan at my friends now that I have a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each hero and just how dangerous they can be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my second try of this scenario I actually scored a perfect score of 74. I used Donnie, Mikey, Ralph, and Splinter. I killed all of the Mousers in each round except one round but I got 13 in the next round. I will just say that Donnie's Guard, Mikey's Whirling Shield, and Raph's Burning Rage were the keys to my success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks optimized that pretty fast! Well, when you're bored of the basic mouser scenario, try these special self-adapting nano-mousers. At the start of each round, starting on round 2, increase all mousers' life by 1 permanently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
In my second try of this scenario I actually scored a perfect score of 74. I used Donnie, Mikey, Ralph, and Splinter. I killed all of the Mousers in each round except one round but I got 13 in the next round. I will just say that Donnie's Guard, Mikey's Whirling Shield, and Raph's Burning Rage were the keys to my success.

I was about to say, you aren't supposed to use special abilities cause it said ) but that just means you don't have an ability modifier. No wonder I am getting such a low score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
Folks optimized that pretty fast! Well, when you're bored of the basic mouser scenario, try these special self-adapting nano-mousers. At the start of each round, starting on round 2, increase all mousers' life by 1 permanently.

excellent. I'm certainly going to try that next time. That's going to make things much more difficult. Thanks Kevin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
First time through and I got 74. I'm not sure how many more you could squeeze out of the scenario. The first two rounds were the only ones when I didn't clear out all of the Mousers in the current wave. Done with the four turtles. Mike and Don on the front lines with Guard and Whirling Shield are unstoppable. Raf and Leo right behind them providing support and ranged shots for Mousers that make it through Mike and Don's wall of nastynee. Advance the group forward one square each turn until they are one square from the choke point and you can just mow the Mousers down as they come into range. Mike was pretty well wounded as I got really unlucky one round and wasn't able to get enough swords for Mike to use Whirling Shield.

I definitely think one extra wound will make a big difference. I wouldn't want to give them any defense. You are already making tons of rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.