Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in need of replacements of all the lore cards from the 2 undead expansions. My friend's dog decided they looked good and chewed them up to the point of being unreadable (and quite soggy).

I'm not really looking forward to buying the two army packs again. If someone has duplicates I can take off your hands that would be appreciated.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always try sending a replacement request to FFG. While they may say "no", it wouldn't hurt to ask, and in the past they've had a pretty good reputation for sending out replacements.

(Or you could ask the friend to replace them, since it was his dog that got to them....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, since Asmodee FFG doesn't give out replacement parts unless they were damaged when the product arrived. You can't even buy replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Already tried getting replacements. It was a no go.

He offered already, but I wanted to see if anyone had extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

Wow, I've had dogs eat two cards from two separate FFG games and had no issues getting them replaced. I wonder if it is new Asmodee policy, or because it is the entire deck that they're not willing to replace it.

(I've actually had dogs eat cards from four games but only replaced two. My friends can be kind of careless...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Yeah, since Asmodee FFG doesn't give out replacement parts unless they were damaged when the product arrived. You can't even buy replacements.

If so, that's most unfortunate. FFG used to have one of the best customer service responses I'd ever seen, so if Asmodee is changing all that, it is indeed a major setback for the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magicbus1966 wrote:
surprise

Wow, I've had dogs eat two cards from two separate FFG games and had no issues getting them replaced. I wonder if it is new Asmodee policy, or because it is the entire deck that they're not willing to replace it.

(I've actually had dogs eat cards from four games but only replaced two. My friends can be kind of careless...)

I recently had a card from Imperial Assault damaged by my 2-year old. Not only did they send me a replacement for the card, they sent me the entire set of that particular card size (which I'll keep aside for potentially helping others in this predicament out now, I suppose).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, my wife was going to contact them. I misheard her and she was actually telling me "no, I did not contact them". I thought she said they said no.

I'll contact their customer service ASAP. Thanks!

Edit:
I just read this on the Asmodee site:

Quote:
Please use this request form if you have discovered a manufacturing defect or missing component in a new Asmodee, Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder or Catan product.

We are sorry, but we do not provide replacements for components that are worn out or damaged through normal use, accident, or rough handling.

They also do not sell components separately. I guess I'm SOL and will have to buy the expansions again. (Unless someone has scans I can just print out )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SmallRealities wrote:
Actually, my wife was going to contact them. I misheard her and she was actually telling me "no, I did not contact them". I thought she said they said no.

I'll contact their customer service ASAP. Thanks!

Edit:
I just read this on the Asmodee site:

Quote:
Please use this request form if you have discovered a manufacturing defect or missing component in a new Asmodee, Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder or Catan product.

We are sorry, but we do not provide replacements for components that are worn out or damaged through normal use, accident, or rough handling.

Contact them anyway. The worst that can happen is they say no, that could just be there to cover their butts if they DO need to clamp down for whatever reason (IE, if they think someone may be abusing things).

That text was there when my son damaged my Imperial Assault card, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news is my friend did not wait and went ahead replaced the 2 army packs. Bad news is I do not know is FFG/ASM would have replaced the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra plus side is now you have double the units to use, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my dogs ate a Battle Lore die (well chewed it up pretty good, did not swallow it thankfully). I told them what had happened and sent them a pic of a very guilty looking bull terrier sitting shamefully by a chewed up die and they did send me a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many dog horror stories! I'm a little glad my wife is allergic to dogs after reading all of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my fault, I couldn't blame the dog. I left the door open.

I was just surprised that there were no photos/scans of the lore cards available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SmallRealities wrote:
I was just surprised that there were no photos/scans of the lore cards available.

While there may be a few, and as typically fan-friendly as FFG is, one thing they've always asked is that people NOT have full scans of the entire card sets publicly available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.