Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any ever seen or used foam core sheets, cut holes out for the miniature bases, and used that as a way to store them? Basically making a shelving system where you can pull out the shelve and each mini is in its own cutout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for this game, but for my warmachine, i custom created mini tray by cutting out the foam core and then gluing plexi-glass under it for rigidity,you could do the same with 2 pieces of foam core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ive seen people do something similar with magnetized bases attached to metal. It might be a good idea for some of the larger minis to do that. You also might want to use something a bit sturdier than foam core for the big guys.

Here's someone who took this idea and ran fairly far away with it:
[geekurl=http://chestofcolors.com/making-display-base-for-miniatures/][/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made an ultimate storage system for my fully magnetized Kingdom Death similar to the way you've described. It looks like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice. You've inspired me!

ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
I've made an ultimate storage system for my fully magnetized Kingdom Death similar to the way you've described. It looks like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

That's beautiful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

That's beautiful!

any chance at a tutorial for how you went about all of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That tray is sick as hell. What magnets did you use? How did you cut the holes out of the foam core? I want to make a rack out of foam core that hold all my minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do a tutorial on magnetizing as well as making trays like that (with files). Cool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Pousette
msg tools
mbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
I'll do a tutorial on magnetizing as well as making trays like that (with files). Cool?

I would LOVE that krzysztof! If you have the time to add detailed pictures it would be even more awesome!?

I googled and found this tutorial. It lacks a bit of info/detailed about how it looks like when he glues the result. I thought I share in case anyone els is Interested.

http://roguepainter.com/kingdom-death-survivor-magnetization...

EDIT: but it would be nice to see hoW you did it Krzysztof. It is always good to have several points of views/ideas in any given subject
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best way to do a tutorial on magnetizing would be to shoot a video, but I don't know if I'm able to set up a good enough lighting to have everything visible.
Maybe a step-by-step with a ton of pictures would do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Here is my storage solution. Very sturdy as I am pretty fussy about protecting my minis.

https://rpggeek.com/article/23564918#23564918
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

YES PLEASE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think I have decided not to use foam core, but instead MDF. I want to build something like these but save $$$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
That looks good but if the trays are tipped or knocked then the minis could get damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iso250 wrote:
That looks good but if the trays are tipped or knocked then the minis could get damaged.

I will put the completed trays in protective bags or bins. I just wanted to use something besides foam for trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I meant if the trays are tipped then the minis will topple within the trays and possibly get damaged against the trays themselves. Less of a problem if they're not painted. If they are, however...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.