Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Come on Batman! Pull your weight!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just acquired this game from an estate sale. It is dated 1943, and the publisher is "Quality Paper Box Co., Corey Game Division". I see Corey Game Co. in the database as a publisher with games from this period, but this particular game isn't listed. It is in really rough shape, though it seems complete and playable. Has anyone come across it before?

Box Cover:

Inside box lid:

Close up of date/publisher info:

Board. The entire box bottom is the board. It is about an inch high and hollow inside:

Components (I love the old dice!):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doverboy wrote:
I just acquired this game from an estate sale. It is dated 1943, and the publisher is "Quality Paper Box Co., Corey Game Division". I see Corey Game Co. in the database as a publisher with games from this period, but this particular game isn't listed. It is in really rough shape, though it seems complete and playable. Has anyone come across it before?

I've never seen it, and it's not in the database. You should add it if you have the time - here's the form for doing so: Create Board Game

Note the instructions on the page; you won't need to add the publisher first because they are already in the database: Corey Game Co.
I forget how much it is, but you'll earn a bit of geek gold when they accept the entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Come on Batman! Pull your weight!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
doverboy wrote:

I've never seen it, and it's not in the database. You should add it if you have the time - here's the form for doing so: Create Board Game

Note the instructions on the page; you won't need to add the publisher first because they are already in the database: Corey Game Co.
I forget how much it is, but you'll earn a bit of geek gold when they accept the entry.

Will do, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BGG CCE 2017 signups open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yukon Gold Rush is 2-6p and Klondike Gold is 2-4, so there's a big difference, right there. You could note similarities in the Community Wiki section so people can compare the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kowynia
United States
Bedford
TX
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello all. My name is Ed. I do not post much but am on the site a lot and use it extensively. I feel compelled to comment here for a couple of reasons. First, I have been playing games for about 45 years now and have played an awful lot of games like a lot of people on here. Also, I collect antique board games and table games, or parlour games, pub games, whatever genre you want to call them.
All that being said, I have seen this game before. As far as I can remember when talking about similarities, it is, if I remember right, a pre-cursor to a lot of derivative games. So LIFE for instance shares some similarities with the travel track and multiple options. In addition, this game appears to derive some of its components from Snakes and Ladders in the use of a track with options and returns. My point is, a lot of games share some very common themes as well as some game design conventions, game theory, designs, etc. So to say, one game was stolen wholesale from another is a bit of a misnomer.
I would be interested in hearing what others have to say and would love to hear more about this game. Great find and looks like it is complete and in fairly good condition for its age. Would love to hear a replay of this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.