Hide
2 Posts

Ave Roma» Forums » General

Subject: Played 2nd game last night... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damo Damo
msg tools
So I cracked this game out again last night against 2 of my 3 regulars that come along. Much fun was had over the 2.5 hours, we all tried different strategies. We're still getting a grip of the game, so we're avoiding the advanced rules and expansions until we can handle the base game. Probably next time we play, we'll use the advanced rules.

Zac went with a building strategy, gaining heaps of instant points, and a number of free resources from pairing. His secondary strategy was area control and tertiary was Patrons. He ended up around 123.

Troy tried an area control game, pushing high and achieving a couple of VII spots and middle of 2 others but always highest (except area V). His secondary strategy was buildings but he had no tertiary. He ended up around 125.

My strategy was hard Patrons with no secondary or tertiary. I got an early patron which allowed me to gain VPs from the gold action space, then I got another patron which allowed me to gain resources from the area when I used the gold action space. Basically, this set me up for the rest of the game. All told, I ended up with 9 patrons, 10 unlocks for the 30 points, area influence in 4 of 5 areas (all level I), and bonus points coming out the wazoo. At the start of counting, I was only on about 15. I ended up coming first on 128.

We love this game. It's intricate, complex and very interactive with other players. Much kudos to Attila at creating a fantastic game. What are some of your moments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a ton of points. Our 4-player game today ended with the winner at around 85 points... and we forgot to take our the 5+ cards so we played a couple extra rounds more than we should have. Did you remember to take out the 3+ and 4+cards? Did you remember to "visit" the area when you did the Mercator and Propraetor (in addition to Aedilis) actions and either move the area card up a notch or pay two coins to claim it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.