Subject: Conventions in March or April rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our game group is looking for a board game convention to go to in March or April of 2017.

A few things. Size of convention does not matter. We went to Origins this year and a small convention in Milwaukee last year and had a blast at both.

It needs to take place in March or April as that is what works best for all of us.

We would like the convention to be within a 10 hour or so driving distance. We live near Appleton Wisconsin. Anything within a two or three states might be doable for us. We will have to look into it.

We were having a hard time finding anything in those two months. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I attend the Conclave of Gamers in April here in Denver, but that's probably outside of your range. Geekway to the West is in St. Louis in May if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea Denver is likely a little out of our range but you never know. We were hoping Geekway to the West was a few weeks earlier and be in April this year as that is right in our range!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's gotta be something in Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
There's gotta be something in Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis...

That's what we thought too but we just couldn't find anything I dunno if it's too early or we aren't looking in the right spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is protospiel in milwaukee
I believe it is intended to happen in April, there's no info on the one coming up yet.
It is a weekend where designers show off their games and get them tested. So going there as a player is about $10 (that was the recent price at the fall one in madison) and you just learn play and give feedback on game after game. I have a blast every time I go but it is a bit different from other conventions so its not everyone's cup of tea.
http://protospiel-milwaukee.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can stretch a little (~15 hours), ConnCon in Stamford, CT every March is my favorite weekend of the year: ConnCon Guild

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Adkins
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is a small convention the first weekend of March in Hamilton Ohio, it looks to be about an 8 hour drive for you. Here is a link to their web page, http://cincycon.org/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Breakout Con ( http://breakoutcon.com/ ) will take place March 10-12 in Toronto, which according to google maps is a bit over 10 hours away from you. It's a small convention that is still in its infancy (2016 was its first year), but it's 24-hour gaming, is near public transport and a large (but posh!) mall, and Toronto is a nice place to visit if you want to do some sightseeing as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Breakout Con ( http://breakoutcon.com/ ) will take place March 10-12 in Toronto, which according to google maps is a bit over 10 hours away from you. It's a small convention that is still in its infancy (2016 was its first year), but it's 24-hour gaming, is near public transport and a large (but posh!) mall, and Toronto is a nice place to visit if you want to do some sightseeing as well

I agree with everything but Toronto being nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
darthain wrote:
Mashpotassium wrote:

I agree with everything but Toronto being nice.

I agree with everything except for the last four words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your great responses and replies! I really appreciate it and keep them coming. The more conventions we have to pick from the better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another convention that's definitely out of range for you is MeepleCon, held in Las Vegas NV in March 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.