Junk Art» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I get more than one fan at once in Home Town?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sunghwan Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get more than one point(fan) at once in Home Town?

For example: I put my active piece on the same shape piece and the same color piece at the same time at my turn.

So can I get 2 points total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cormier
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is correct! You get a fan for each piece of the same colour or shape that touches your active piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunghwan Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcormier wrote:
Yes that is correct! You get a fan for each piece of the same colour or shape that touches your active piece.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I think it is likely to make the game unbalanced in worl tour compared to other cities.

Thank you, anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starfruit wrote:
jcormier wrote:

I think it is likely to make the game unbalanced in worl tour compared to other cities.

Thank you, anyway

The rules are the same for all players. How would it be unbalanced? can you earn more than other cities, sure but so can everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunghwan Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
starfruit wrote:
jcormier wrote:

Thank you, anyway

The rules are the same for all players. How would it be unbalanced? can you earn more than other cities, sure but so can everyone else.

I agree that all the players are the same.

But getting win at Home Town is easier to be the winner of whole game, in that sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starfruit wrote:

But getting win at Home Town is easier to be the winner of whole game, in that sense.

I disagree with you here. All players can equally gain fans while placing pieces and there is no 'winner' as it's the first person to drop 5 pieces that ends the round. The only winner is the tallest structure who receives 5 fans with 2nd and third taking a little less. This is the same for many of the cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunghwan Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
starfruit wrote:

I disagree with you here. All players can equally gain fans while placing pieces and there is no 'winner' as it's the first person to drop 5 pieces that ends the round. The only winner is the tallest structure who receives 5 fans with 2nd and third taking a little less. This is the same for many of the cities.

Winner at Home Town can get around 10 points.

Some cities give just 3points..

Too hard to turn the game.

We remove Home Town before World Tour.

But Home Town is still good for one time game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starfruit wrote:
danlicata wrote:
starfruit wrote:

You can get 10 points and not be the winner as well.

The only 'winner' is tallest structure which gives out 5 pts. The tallest structure may very well have given up points along the way to get there while someone that just matched colors and pieces won more fans and didn't get the tallest structure.

Of course if you don't like the city you can play without it I just don't see it being unbalanced. You could argue that someone could get lucky with card draws or have people that make poor choices when they hand them the cards to choose from but there are a lot of other cities where that can happen as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunghwan Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
starfruit wrote:
danlicata wrote:
starfruit wrote:

You can get 10 points and not be the winner as well.

The only 'winner' is tallest structure which gives out 5 pts. The tallest structure may very well have given up points along the way to get there while someone that just matched colors and pieces won more fans and didn't get the tallest structure.

Of course if you don't like the city you can play without it I just don't see it being unbalanced. You could argue that someone could get lucky with card draws or have people that make poor choices when they hand them the cards to choose from but there are a lot of other cities where that can happen as well.

Yep, thanks for your opinion.
I will try more world tour with home town

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Breese
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As someone noted in another thread, I think it's best to play Home Town as the final city. Much better to have the burst of points at the end instead of in the beginning. Sort of like how game shows often increase the points in later rounds (Jeopardy, for example). It makes them more exciting despite "diminishing" the previous rounds a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.