Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to buying Dice Stars when it is released in the U.S.
How can a person get a copy of this promo? Will it be available at same point in the Geek store? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping this thread since I'd be interested in getting the Planets mini-expansion as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Maryville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Minnen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope to see this in the BGG store soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendy Meeker
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
You can purchase it through the Game Boy Geek's kickstarter right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the abilities of the planets, it does not seem that this expansion makes the game better. In fact, it might even make it worse. I think the base game is fine the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
After reading the abilities of the planets, it does not seem that this expansion makes the game better. In fact, it might even make it worse. I think the base game is fine the way it is.

Agreed, I was looking for a copy until I read the planet abilities and was Decided I didn't like what it would add to the game. If you are interested it'd be easy enough to to make your own pnp version, the powers are listed on a card so all you need are some type of planet tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

What don't you like about them?

They sound interesting to me, except the last two ("score 10 points"?) but I'm not always good at imagining whether promos would be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:

They sound interesting to me, except the last two ("score 10 points"?) but I'm not always good at imagining whether promos would be fun.

The appeal of this game is that it is simple yet has a decent amount of decision space. I think adding one off special powers and a player card needed to keep track of these powers adds too much fiddliness to what is supposed to be a simple game. No, the abilities are not complicated and would not be a problem in a heavier game. But I think they detract from what makes this game appealing. And they are certainly not worth the cost/effort needed to acquire them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:

The appeal of this game is that it is simple yet has a decent amount of decision space. I think adding one off special powers and a player card needed to keep track of these powers adds too much fiddliness to what is supposed to be a simple game. No, the abilities are not complicated and would not be a problem in a heavier game. But I think they detract from what makes this game appealing. And they are certainly not worth the cost/effort needed to acquire them.

Well said as usual David. I also don't feel like Dice Stars needs dice manipulation, it would just remove some of the tension from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.