Hide
5 Posts

Raptor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sleeping card number 4 (scientists) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
colossos colossos
msg tools
If you play card number 4 which allows you to put 2 baby raptors to sleep on an adjacent tile or on the current tile (where the scientist is).

1) Do the baby raptors have to be on the same tile? In other words:

2) Is it allowed to put 2 baby raptors asleep on two different tiles? For example a tile north and east of the scientist? What about one on the current tile and one on the tile north of the scientist?

3) What about different scientists? Is the effect only reserved for one scientist? Can you for example put one baby to sleep on a tile north of a scientist and one baby raptor east of a different scientist?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules that both are allowed, would be too restrictive otherwise. Could definitely use some official clarification though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
I read the rules that both are allowed, would be too restrictive otherwise. Could definitely use some official clarification though.

I agree that there's no such restriction and am not convinced it needs clarification. If the two were required to be on the same tile it would have said so. Same with the idea that one scientist would have to take both actions; both of those are a real stretch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, they don't need to be on the same tile, just on a tile with a scientist or a tile adjacent to tile with a scientist.

2) Yes. Yep. Yup.

3) Yes, as long as they are both active scientists (they are standing, not frightened).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colossos colossos
msg tools
Cool. Thanks guys. I also played it like that but just wanted to be sure.

This game is great. My wife loves it and she always wants to go for one more game. Claustrophobia just got some competition :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.