5 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Super pedantic rules clarifications *spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
I recognise these questions are rather pedantic, but I'm curious to hear the rulings on each of them! Thanks in advance.

Question 1: If a mech is already carrying a crystal, and attempts to move into (or is pushed into) another crystal, is that crystal pushed or does it block movement? If the crystal can be pushed, may it also be towed?

Question 2: Can a mech be pushed through an activated rune gate if it is being pushed by another mech using a movement action of the matching rune type?

Question 3: If a mech is standing on a rune space and the corresponding rune is reactivated (either because the boss was attacked, or because another mech passed through a rune gate), does the rune immediately deactivate again or does the mech have to step off and back onto the rune space on their next turn? If the rune immediately deactivates again, does this mean the boss can be targeted multiple times by the same attack (ie, lvl 2 or 3 ripsaw)? To further this, if a mech is standing on the yellow rune, can chain lightning chain from one of the boss’s corner spaces to the opposite corner space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Super pedantic rules clarifications
You should indicate *spoilers* in your title or put them in a
Spoiler (click to reveal)
spoiler box

I only know the answer to the 3rd question for sure, but:
1) I don't think you can interact with the crystal at all if you carrying one. You would just walk over it.

2) This is a good question, I would guess yes, and guess the same for towing through a rune gate. Edit: And I would be a bad guesser.

3) This was answered before here (spoilers in that link). The answer is that they need to step back onto the rune space to deactivate again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I agree you probably don't do anything to the crystal, just standing on it.

2) I disagree that Push and Tow would work. The Pushed/Towed Mech is not using the Command Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
1) I agree you probably don't do anything to the crystal, just standing on it.

2) I disagree that Push and Tow would work. The Pushed/Towed Mech is not using the Command Card.

These are correct. Though you can push a mech through if the gate is already down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
Perfect, thanks all for the replies. This is a fantastic game Chris! I've also adjusted the subject to indicate spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.