Subject: July rules question (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Ragaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we just played our July game, with the search for the virologist. In the rules it says "only certain cities can be searched. Cities are described on the search track".

You can only search for the virologist when you are in a faded city containing a research center; which is Bangkok for us. It also states that you can move an extra space when the city you are searching contains a quarantine marker. So we put a quarantine marker in Bangkok before searching to make it easier on ourselves.

Is this correct? Or is the city you are searching not the city with the research center but actually the city card you are discarding? This would make it a lot tougher since there would have to be more quarantine markers.

Now, we simulated the next draw of city cards and infection cards and would have won the game anyway. But it still would be nice to know for future games.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain you did everything correctly. Good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bonus spaces for searching always refer to the city you are searching in, not the city you're discarding (except of course the bonus for discarding the city you're searching in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.