4 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: About hospitals... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hendrik Bünder
msg tools
Hey,
I'm not sure, I understood all rules about hospitals right.
(german version. sorry, if I made wrong translations, don't know the original terms, e.g. "Versteck"=hideout? Lair?)

1. Actions in hospitals.
the scenario: My hunter has been defeated, I lay him on the next hospital. In my next turn, my only action will be, to put him on his feet again. okay. And after that? Which actions are allowed IN HOSPITAL? I know, that the next MOVE directs to the city, the hospital belongs to. But am I allowed to stay in hospital and do other actions?

2. hospitals and its city = the same place?
Is being in hospital defined as being in the city it belongs to, too?
I'm in a hospital, am I also in the city? That's important, because:
- Dracula enters the city, while I'm in hospital (on feet). Will it come to a fight?
- Or: I'm defeated and taken to a hospital. In that city, Dracula has placed a card. Will it be reveald? Does it affect me (immediately)?
- Or: Every hospital is in a big town, but can I take items, while I'm in hospital, too?
- Or: I'm in hospital, another hunter is in that same city, but not in hospital. Are we allowed to trade? Is Mina allowed to do her special action while she is in hospital (or if she is the second person)?

thx to all answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these questions are answered in the reference guide section on hospitals (on pages 9/10 in the English versions). Possibly the German version in incomplete.

clarkkent1337 wrote:

1. Actions in hospitals.
the scenario: My hunter has been defeated, I lay him on the next hospital. In my next turn, my only action will be, to put him on his feet again. okay. And after that? Which actions are allowed IN HOSPITAL? I know, that the next MOVE directs to the city, the hospital belongs to. But am I allowed to stay in hospital and do other actions?

Note that when a hunter is defeated they are removed from the board, then at the next dawn they are placed in the nearest hospital. Once at the hospital they are not laid down (delayed) so there is no need to spend a turn standing the figure up. Note that that means that if a hunter is defeated at dawn, they will miss both their Day & Night actions before being placed in hospital at the following dawn.

Once at the hospital, their action choice is to either move to the attached city or to take a limited version of supply - draw 1 item card, but no event. The hunter can stay at the hospital as long as they like.

Quote:
2. hospitals and its city = the same place?
Is being in hospital defined as being in the city it belongs to, too?
I'm in a hospital, am I also in the city? That's important, because:
- Dracula enters the city, while I'm in hospital (on feet). Will it come to a fight?

No there is no fight, the characters are in different locations so Dracula will not be revealed by the presence of the hunter in hospital.

Quote:
- Or: I'm defeated and taken to a hospital. In that city, Dracula has placed a card. Will it be reveald? Does it affect me (immediately)?
- Or: Every hospital is in a big town, but can I take items, while I'm in hospital, too?

The encounter is not revealed and does not affect the hunter at this time, Dracula may not ambush the hunter and the hunter may not take a search action to reveal it. As mentioned above the hunter may do the supply action to take items but not events.

Quote:
- Or: I'm in hospital, another hunter is in that same city, but not in hospital. Are we allowed to trade? Is Mina allowed to do her special action while she is in hospital (or if she is the second person)?

The hunters can't trade and Mina can't do her special as the hunters are in different locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to back up what DaveD said, in the English Rules Reference under Hospitals (pg.9-10):

Quote:
When a hunter is defeated, he is placed on the nearest hospital
space at the next dawn.

† While on a hospital space, the only actions a hunter may
perform are a modified version of either the supply or move
action
, as follows:

» Supply: The hunter may perform a supply action to draw
one item card. He always draws one item card but cannot
draw an event card.

» Move: The hunter may move from the hospital to the city
attached to that hospital.

† For the purposes of game rules and effects, if a hunter is in
a hospital space, he is adjacent to and not in the location
attached to that hospital

» A hunter on a hospital space cannot participate in a combat
or be affected by encounter or event cards that are in the
attached city.

» If a hunter is on a hospital space, he is not in that city to
participate in trade actions, be used with Mina’s “Psychic
Bond” ability, or the “Blood Transfusion” or “Hypnosis”
event cards.

» If a hunter is in a hospital space that is attached to a hideout
or lair, Dracula does not reveal that location card.

I bolded the parts that are relevant to your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that Hospitals is a subject the Rules Reference covers thoroughly, in great detail.

When a player removes the hunter figure from the board, they might place it on the next Dawn space, as a reminder of when to bring the figure back to the board. (This is not a rule, just a tip.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.