Skull Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knocking Out a character and Grabbing Weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to be doing Adventure 5 - The Doomed Island, tonight, and each player has their own objective.

1 Objective is to grab two weapons - how do you grab weapons off of other people?

1 Objective mentions you have to knock out another character - how do you do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdeptusAce wrote:
I'm going to be doing Adventure 5 - The Doomed Island, tonight, and each player has their own objective.

1 Objective is to grab two weapons - how do you grab weapons off of other people?

"Any character will be able to search the knocked out character in order to rob him from any goal or gear card achieved." [p.18]

AdeptusAce wrote:
1 Objective mentions you have to knock out another character - how do you do this?

Three possible ways:
1) See entry for 'c2' in the same Goal Chart: Spend 5 Prestige Points and perform a confronted Intelligence Roll on an adjacent character; if you win, the character is knocked out (only in this scenario!).
2) "A character is knocked out when the wounds received match his Wounds Stat." [p.18]
3) He may fail a Leap action, or you could shove him into a chasm (see the 'Shove' entry in the FAQ)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
Imagine wrote:

"Any character will be able to search the knocked out character in order to rob him from any gold or gear card achieved." [p.18]

Doesn't it state "GOAL or gear card" instead gold?
On my last game this question arises and I think to remember that there was no mention about gold / coins, except knocked off character loses them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoWolf wrote:
Imagine wrote:

"Any character will be able to search the knocked out character in order to rob him from any gold or gear card achieved." [p.18]

Doesn't it state "GOAL or gear card" instead gold?

You are right, I corrected my quote above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
Imagine wrote:
AdeptusAce wrote:

Three possible ways:
1) See entry for 'c2' in the same Goal Chart: Spend 5 Prestige Points and perform a confronted Intelligence Roll on an adjacent character; if you win, the character is knocked out (only in this scenario!).
2) "A character is knocked out when the wounds received match his Wounds Stat." [p.18]
3) He may fail a Leap action, or you could shove him into a chasm (see the 'Shove' entry in the FAQ)

Hmm...maybe I'm just struggling with the wording, but "You knock out" sounds like you have to take an active part in it, which is just possible by shoving someone. So these goals are imo almost unreachable for characters with strength 2. Or does it also counts if someone else shoves them down a chasm or roof? Same question for wounds by enemies?
Or is there a special rule for this adventure to attack other characters rather than just enemies.
Still a little unclear to me. Nevertheless the quests are challenging anyway and the negative rewards nearly brutal.
But expecting much fun, playing them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, we've just played the scenario and have come to the conclusion, that at least in this scenario, all characters are able to spend 5 PP to initiate a confronted Intelligence Roll, since otherwise the one with the goal c2 has immediatly revealed that this is his goal, ending up with a permanent wound.
Any opinions about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.