GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,167 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

DOOM: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tiles compatible with the old game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Sasse
Germany
Waiblingen
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me as a big fan of the old Doom game, the question looms: are the tiles compatible? In this case, I view the new game as an expansion Does anyone know anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ying
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The tiles will be the same format as Imperial Assault and Descent 2nd Edition. I'm not sure if they'll fit very well with the old DOOM style tiles, which I believe had some different engineering on the rooms, though they are technically the same scale of 1 inch squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jon! Very much looking forward to this game! Can't get here fast enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Mendes
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yeah, I've tried combining the Doom tiles with Descent 2e tiles before, but the old puzzle-fit connectors in Doom and I believe Descent 1e were a different style, so they don't fit with the newer games' tiles. Descent 2e and Imperial Assault tiles fit together perfectly, though, so great to hear these are compatible too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Sasse
Germany
Waiblingen
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah damn. That's bad news. So no new Doom boardgame for me.

...for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Carter
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AvistTorch wrote:
Yeah, I've tried combining the Doom tiles with Descent 2e tiles before, but the old puzzle-fit connectors in Doom and I believe Descent 1e were a different style, so they don't fit with the newer games' tiles. Descent 2e and Imperial Assault tiles fit together perfectly, though, so great to hear these are compatible too!

Thanks! I've been trying to find out if Imperial Assault and Descent 2e tiles can be connected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.