Battle for China» Forums » Rules

Subject: how does combat work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
I really want to give this game a chance, but I simply can't figure out how combat works. Could you please help me with the following situation:

a Japanese battle group of 2x 4CF divisions + 1 Armor + 1 Aircraft is attacking a Chinese KMT BG of 2x 3CF corps + 1 Artillery. I rolled a "6".

So what does happen next? I assume that the combat is resolved on the 2-1 column and the modified die roll result is "7". The aircraft is shot down.
According to the crt the result is 2/4. So I'd guess that the Chinese lose 1 corps and the artillery unit and one of the Japanese divisions is replaced by a 2cf brigade? Is this correct?

Thank you very much for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

8 attacking CF to 6 defending is 1-1 odds (9.18), shift 2 columns up to 2-1 because of IJA Cadre of 2 vs. KMT Cadre of 0 (9.12).
Die roll of "6" is adjusted up to "8" because of attacking Armour and Aircraft, then reduced to "7" because of defending Artillery (9.16, 9.17).
Aircraft is shot down because you rolled a "6" to start with.

Good so far.

CRT result is 2/4.
Japanese must lose 2 CF; because they have lower CF divisions and brigades, they can "tune" their losses better (this is an important point in the game).
One 4 CF division could be reduced to a 2 CF brigade, or both 4 CF divisions could be reduced to 3 CF divisions; as long as the total lost CF is 2.
Chinese have armies and cannot tune their losses so finely.
Losing one 3 CF army and 1 Artillery would satisfy the 4 CF loss requirement.

You got it right!

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.