Subject: Miss having 50pt chips in 2p rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this at Essen. My wife loves the Carcassonne series, so we have played it a lot as a 2p.

There is one oddity.

There are no 50/100 point chips, just the score board that goes around to 50 and starts over. Not a big deal, as this is the same as Hunters & Gatherers. However in that game you get tiles with 50/100 points on either side to mark. This feels like a problem here. We routinely get over 100 points, so I have pulled a few generic cubes to use as "Supply Crates" to place in the 0 spot to mark 50 points.

Otherwise a lovely game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We never , ever , play Carcassonne with those tiles.

The meeple just Goes flat after 50 and sideways after 100 and Back up again after 150 and not once was there ever any confusion nor did it feel like a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The 50/100 chips are included with Inns & Cathedrals, not the in the Carcassonne base game. In fact, only Hunters & Gatherers includes 50/100 tokens in the base game. Star Wars Carcassonne puts them in Expansion 1, and the other expansions do not include any at all. So it isn't an oddity, it is the standard. I'd recommend either using 50/100 tokens from another version or following Khonnor's advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
msg tools
You can buy a sheet of 6 of the 50/100 chips on cundco.de. I just bought several sheets because I liked them so much in the game, so I can use them in all of my Carc versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pestaside wrote:
You can buy a sheet of 6 of the 50/100 chips on cundco.de. I just bought several sheets because I liked them so much in the game, so I can use them in all of my Carc versions.

Neat to know, but I have actually become fond of my cubes as "supply crates".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the same issue playing 2 player so we just take another color meeple and collect those as our 50 point tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.