Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The modules in both Journeyman sets say they have a difficulty rating of two skulls meaning players should have at least 2 titles and one upgraded item. I really want to play these right out of the box with new heroes. Is there a good or easy way to level up starting heroes so you can play with them? I guess I could try just picking titles and assigning a random item but perhaps there is a better way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I usually will draft 10 or so items for the group and let people pick one. Titles I would let people pick. Not the cleanest system, but my group doesn't play Myth enough to warrant doing it the right way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having 2 titles means they should be able to keep 2 gear items. The upgraded card you're thinking of = swapping for an upgraded card in their action deck.

For gear, by the time we reached that level, we'd cycled through the green item deck entirely, and pretty much everyone had swapped out all of their brown items for at least green. Obv. we won't be keeping all of those items when we start a new module, but we've all got a full set of decent items from which to choose our 2 keepers.

So I think you'd be fine letting people pick 1-2 green items of their choosing out of the entire green deck (maybe force 1 choice to be a torso slot to increase survivability).

And I agree with letting people pick their own titles. Remember they only get to equip 1 at a time, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like it is definitely possible to play with new heroes even though it is not the "proper" way. Will give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've been playing through the new stories with characters below what they recommend and haven't had any problems yet. The first act is very easy and should give your characters a chance to find better gear. The first act uses an old enemy with the new darkness deck which makes them a little more chaotic and hard to predict.

As long as you let your new characters upgrade one card and draft at least one green or blue item you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who's played this, how linked is the story to Fury of the Fireborn?

I ask because I'm wondering if it's worth just starting this module now (my group has 2 titles) even though we haven't played Fury of the Fireborn yet and missing out on the story, or waiting for the complete Fury module and I guess just starting that with new characters later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am holding off on Fury until the module appears. I decided to "start over" so am re acquiring titles (minus the burn the Inn quest which I have completed 3 times with 3 different groups) which I am assuming all heroes have accomplished. I must say I did not think I would like the swashbuckler, but he is becoming on of my new favorite characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.