Popular Tags: [View All]
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
While Meuterer is highly rated with lots of postings, Verrater is much less popular. How do the two games compare?

Also, are there any good two player varients for these games?

There is a 2-player varient on Meuterer is this any good? Would it work for Verrater?

One last question...Are the cards language independent?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: How does Meuterer compare to Verrater? 2-Player Varients
I own and have played both. But, haven't played them frequently or recently enough to give you a comparison. And I've never played 2 player. I do like them both. Having more recently played Verrater, that is probably my favorite right now.
The cards are all in German. But, they're all one word nouns. I have found that with the relatively simple German, and the excellent iconography and graphics on the cards, the language isn't an issue -- assuming you are dealing with people that have patience for that sort of thing.
--mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How does Meuterer compare to Verrater? 2-Player Varients
I agree with Mike that language is not an issue.
Having played both, I agree with the consensus that Meuterer is better than Verrater--if for no other reason than in Meuterer there are multiple ways to score points, and thus there's more going on, so to speak.
I could not imagine either game working at all as a two-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a decent computer version of Verrater - re-themed, but it's the same game - if you want to try it out to see what you think of the game.

http://home1.gte.net/res1bup4/#turncoat

I like both games. Despite looking similar, they play very differently. I think the mechanics for role-selection in Meuterer are more interesting, but sometimes it can be difficult to get stuck with the Captain under sub-optimal curcumstances.

Initially I liked Meuterer more, but over time I have come to like them both about equally. They're just different. They look similar, but they don't feel nearly as similar. And I really like them both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls