Subject: Components list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
Hello.
King pledger here. Is there a component list available somewhere? Yesterday I sat there for like a hour doing what I like to do everytime I get a new game - sort components out and put them in different plastic bags - and I kind of accomplished nothing. I mean, not only there's not a clear list with image references on the rulebook, but I couldn't even find trace of most of them all along the two books, like in the mission setup or something.
Tokens, I don't know what they are, what they refer to and which ones to put together in the bags. With monster tiles, it's even worse. Some of them (just some) are in French. Some are in English but look identical. At least a couple look identical, but I noticed they have a different ability, so I don't know if it's ok or a misprint.
And that's just the main box, I didn't even start to work on the other one.

Is there anything online (pdfs, videos) to help out?
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer? There is nothing to help you out.

You received your none base game components in both English and French.

The rest you either have to figure it out yourself (playing helps) or wait for a proper component list in the new rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lexpweller wrote:
Hello.
King pledger here. Is there a component list available somewhere? Yesterday I sat there for like a hour doing what I like to do everytime I get a new game - sort components out and put them in different plastic bags - and I kind of accomplished nothing. I mean, not only there's not a clear list with image references on the rulebook, but I couldn't even find trace of most of them all along the two books, like in the mission setup or something.
Tokens, I don't know what they are, what they refer to and which ones to put together in the bags. With monster cardboard figures, it's even worse. Some of them (just some) are in French. Some are in English but look identical. At least a couple look identical, but I noticed they have a different ability, so I don't know if it's ok or a misprint.
And that's just the main box, I didn't even start to work on the other one.

Is there anything online (pdfs, videos) to help out?
Thank you.

a user here made the effort to list everything he found in the base boxes
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656608/full-list-content

that doesn't help with visually matching stuff, but it's a start.

other infos:
- french/english tiles: only the base box was single language the stretch goals, add ons and the king part are dual language
-- only for names with different notations, aka the more descriptive terms, have duplicates
-- some of the mummies/skelis etc have different color borders in the different languages to allow concurrent use if wanted
- there are variants for mummies etc where stats differ, so that is correct
- for some leaders there are multiple tiles to allow multiple use for the OL at the same time
-most of the scenario related tokens and such are undocumented (aside from being used in the scenarios)

all the above doesn't make it necessarily easier to sort out if everything is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Language-dependent components from the King's Pledge that aren't also in the Barbarian Pledge, as well as stretch goals, have been provided both in french and english to reduce manufacturing costs. Not all tiles are, though (e.g. Pirates, and tiles with hero names, don't have duplicates since they're written the same in both languages). You're free to set aside the ones with explicitly french names.

Some overlord tiles (e.g. Thaug) have alternate powers, or an "elite" tile, so you get more choices when designing scenarios. Some have two identical tiles, to allow a powerful monster to activate more often, for cheaper.

Apart from the tokens that fit in the book of skelos, and the most tokens are designed for scenario-specific uses, so they don't really have a single, set in stone use. You'll find some of them are used within the scenarios (e.g. the water tokens in the swamp stories).

Put together those that look similar, you'll find about them soon enough !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
Thank you guys, this will help a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.