Popular Tags: [View All]
John Michalski
Belgium
Namur
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Does the Gilded Age headline grant 1MM per built factory, or just 1 after all (2) factories have been built?

Thank you,

Jean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Headline effects only take place after they're placed, so they only apply on future actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Michalski
Belgium
Namur
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Headline effects only take place after they're placed, so they only apply on future actions.

Yes, I understand this. My question is indeed about future factory placements: suppose you place 2 factories in a future turn, do you get 1 or 2MM from the Gilded Age headline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have anything in front of me but the intent was 1MM per factory.

Cheers,
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jmichalski wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Yes, I understand this. My question is indeed about future factory placements: suppose you place 2 factories in a future turn, do you get 1 or 2MM from the Gilded Age headline?

Wade is correct, the intent was for players to receive 2 VP and 1 MM per Factory. So, if a player builds or places 2 Factories then Gilded Age would give them 4 VP and 2 MM.

For reference, the card Headline states, "A player scores 2 VP for each Factory they build or place, and then may use 1 MM immediately." The way the last portion is read does leave it open for interpretation. I would change it to say, "A player scores 2 VP and may use 1 MM immediately for each Factory they build or place."

Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.