Legends Untold» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stretch Goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK folks by now some of you may well have watched the Previews from Ricky and Deborah.

They show off a good bit of the game and also the building your Hero part.

We are finalising our stretch goals just now and would appreciate input on content upgrades.

The starter set has to cover off the whole game (Heroes, Kit, Weapons etc) and the whole Environment (Locations, obstacles etc) and a Foe.

This is no mean feat to achieve in a small portable and affordable game.

But we want to give you more content if we can hit those stretch goals.

Our view would be that you have a huge amount of variety for the Heroes already in the base set so any stretch goals should focus on the Environment and Foes first and Heroes second.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally agree.

Also, you've already shown somewhere that the scale of the cards will make it difficult to use conventional minis/figurines and I'm not sure any kind of cubes or tokens will be included. Still, this could be good to be able to visualize where the team is located.
So: special mini-minis (micros?), more or less at scale, as a stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see environment and foes come first, I think they contribute more to replay ability more then characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. NO MINIS. Please, don't go to the dark side. Literally every single project that I've backed that have added minis as a SG have encountered massive delays because of it. On time delivery is the best SG.

2. Agree, focus on the environment and the foes as that's where the story really comes from.

3. Please mix some component upgrades in there too, like thicker cards and linen finish. Box inserts are always nice, but I don't know how much room you have in that small box. Remember sleevers...

4. Something to track damage for foes maybe? It looked like Ricky was keeping track of damage in his head during battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessie76 wrote:
Our view would be that you have a huge amount of variety for the Heroes already in the base set so any stretch goals should focus on the Environment and Foes first and Heroes second.
One thing I meant to mention specifically in my video (but didn't) was that there are a lot of choices already for the heroes, which enables you to put a lot of thought into it. I'd vote for more environmental cards as stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matzer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the same thought about some sort of token to keep track of where each individual is located in the party. I do not think it needs to be a miniature but a wooden token each with a different color perhaps or stamp the profession on the token. Nothing complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another +1 for environment and foes first.
Also as Jason said, component upgrades, especially the cards for all that shuffling.
Are dice being included? I appreciate some people have loads, but others like to keep a box as a complete playable game. Decent themed dice are always a nice bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
If anything, do standees instead of mini's but that being said, mini's aren't necessary, at all. The focus on giving the game variety and replayability is more important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
1. NO MINIS. Please, don't go to the dark side. Literally every single project that I've backed that have added minis as a SG have encountered massive delays because of it. On time delivery is the best SG.

As per the scale and maximum number of players, I would not say thre could be much risk.
Those would be so small that it would be impossible to differentiate. Thus, a unique mold would be enough with variations in colour.
In fact, as far as I'm concerned, a micro-meeple or something just a little bit better than a cube would do the job (colored cones/pyramids?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindberg
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Something to track damage for foes (Maybe cubes on a card)
2. Something to track where the party are. (Cube)
3. And maybe something to track the current state of the “eye” careless, bold and alert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I agree with what others have already said. Environment and Foes first to add more variability.
Linen card finish and hopefully making them bigger than poker size. Special dice??
Also agree to no minis, do not think it is needed in this game but definitely something needed to keep track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitely see the logic of having a cheaper (within reason) card stock as the starting point, but upgrading to something nice.

for size though, if it looks ok on a standard size, please leave it that way - i hate it when i get a game and half the cards can be sleeved, but the others are some kind of strangely enlarged shape that i have no way of protecting from wear and tear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would vote for more variety in barriers, events, locations, etc. before hero stuff. It's a bit of a disconnect sometimes when the same stuff keeps happening/appearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo everybody else.

No minis needed (not that I thought you guys would go that route with a card game), however a meeple to show where the party is or where each player is wouldn't be bad idea based on what I saw in the video.

Also, damage markers would be nice too, whether those are cubes, heart meeples or cardboard.

Foes > Obstacles > Equipment > Locations > Heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A ITEMeeple would be perfect but oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hypen wrote:
1. Something to track damage for foes (Maybe cubes on a card)
2. Something to track where the party are. (Cube)
3. And maybe something to track the current state of the “eye” careless, bold and alert.

+1 to all these along with upgraded components, extra foes and environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.