Popular Tags: GeekGold [+] [View All]
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a debtor. On Thursday, May 17th I took advantage of a BGG mistake that was rewarding Users with gobs and gobs and gobs of unwarranted GeekGold. I jumped in and bought a few things with GeekGold that I did not earn, circumventing the hard work that true BGG members have been doing for years. shake

As a first step in my BoardGame GeegGold Guilt Disorder (BGGG...umm...GD) recovery, I hope to tell others (fellow debtors as well as outstanding members of the community) what was dishonorably purchased. I hope that other debtors will follow with details of what they purchased.

I fully intend on ridding myself of this back-monkey by GeekMod-ing and following a righteous path.

My UserName is Teriyaki Donuts. I illegally bought the Donut Avatar you see to the left (I love the multi-colored sprinkles in my frosting) as well as a Princes of Florence Fan MicroBadge. For a total of 45.00 GeekGold. I will keep the "I'm in Debt!!!" comment in my Badge (which I purchased with valid $) until I emerge into the light.

I am shamed. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame shame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denee Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one thing to be dishonest, it's an entirely other thing to wallow in it. 'Nuff said

(BTW, I managed to accrue over 100 GG during the bug, but I knew it wasn't really mine, so I didn't spend any of it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Lin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used those geekgold to buy an avatar and the badminton fan and zmobie fan microbages. Now my GG balance is in the negative but I don't mind. I'll just consider it a loan and I'll work it off slowly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a new Ferrari and two tickets to the F1 event in Monaco!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, look - I've tried to explain this. That money was just *resting* in my account...

/Actually, my ill-gotten gains were confiscated before I could do anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
at first I thought it was a bonus for modding on 1000 items.
I bought a geekbadge. Almost out the red now. Then I read the post that mentioned the bug.
Some people claim to be better of. That seems strange to me because my stats seem about right
But I don't worry. We are in good company. Just take a look at Aldies balance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Broadway
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I got myself a GeekBadge and, like Jeff, I feel ashamed. We both had the same idea. Mine reads a little differently but the sentiment's the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
It's one thing to feel remorse. It's another to deactivate the ill gotten avatar/microbadge until you've earned it.

Aldie said it was his mistake and he has no problem with the people that spent what they had and are in the red now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
What did "the debtors" buy with illegal GeekGold?

A bucket of shame and regret.

it's a joke, get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent my husband 30 GG (dano19606) so he could buy two more microbadges (Roads and Boats plus AP opponent) and I bought myself 2 more microbadges (Roads and Boats plus Puerto Rico)....

He bought me Roads and Boats for Mother's Day, so we were *really* anxious to have microbadges for them....*great* game by the way!

He is helping me work off my ill gotten gains blush, and both of us will probably be modding every day for the rest of our natural lives....

Hopefully one of these days, I will have courage enough to write some reviews to work it off faster....

...Sue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

1. Does this have the "tanga-effect" on the valuation of Geek Gold heretofor?

2. What was I doing that I missed THIS!?!?

--Always a day late, and two geek dollars short...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls