Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

I'm new into this exciting, fun and interesting game, and after one session (mostly devoted to the learning curve) there is a doubt on which your wisdom will be greatly appreciated:

When you play a card as to fortify, and one of your territories is disputed (enemy troops just entered into that territory), can you move some of your troops from an adjacent territory(ies) into the disputed one?

And then, can you use the city bonus tile to get more troops into that territory if it is disputed? For example you attack London, can your opponent use the city tile to get 2 extra archers there? If so it would be a Tax order.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
migue colacho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

According to my rulebook, you can use fortify in a disputed territory but only if you are the defender player. Besides, you can maneuver troops into the disputed territory. But you cannot buy troops and put them in a disputed territory.

Regarding city bonus tile, you cannot tax a disputed territory, so you couldn't reinforce London using its bonus if the city is under attack. When you use "tax", you choose a supply line, that ends when the line meets a disputed territory or an empty territory.

I hope I was helpful!
Regards,
Miguel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fortify cards have two parts: the Fortify bonus action and the main action of either Expanding or Maneuvering. You may do these two things in either order.

The Fortify bonus action does not let you move units, but it does allow you to place 3 Footmen (from your reserve) into one of your city territories or 4 Footmen into one of your castle territories. (You can place the Footmen in a disputed territory if you are the defender.)

The Maneuver action does allow you to move your units from an adjacent territory into a disputed territory where you already have units. (Expand does not allow you to do this.)

Additional troops granted by a City bonus tile are gained only when you take the Tax action (never when you take Fortify or other actions). However, because you cannot Tax a disputed city territory, you would not be able to place bonus troops there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumval wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm new into this exciting, fun and interesting game, and after one session (mostly devoted to the learning curve) there is a doubt on which your wisdom will be greatly appreciated:

When you play a card as to fortify, and one of your territories is disputed (enemy troops just entered into that territory), can you move some of your troops from an adjacent territory(ies) into the disputed one?

And then, can you use the city bonus tile to get more troops into that territory if it is disputed? For example you attack London, can your opponent use the city tile to get 2 extra archers there? If so it would be a Tax order.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jumval

READ THIS for many clarifications:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1658965/finer-points-rules-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Miguel, PJ and Pepe,

Thanks for your kind replies folks!

I have the doubt quite resolved by now.

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumval wrote:
Hi Miguel, PJ and Pepe,

Thanks for your kind replies folks!

I have the doubt quite resolved by now.

Regards,

Jumval

Thanks Juan... PJ is very good at explaining things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

Agreed, PJ is an expert on this game.

Regards,

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.