Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Most powerful combination? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Reilly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new, but had a fun solo game using the Golden Solo variant. I found Thor, Storm, and Emma Frost to be a pretty nice team, as their ranged played well off each other. I was playing the Midtown Bank Robbery, so Storm being able to give -2 to Villains on the Bridge and the Rooftop definitely helped cull some of the bigger guys. What are some of the stronger teams you've seen?

Bonus team: Tried the same scenario with Gambit, Storm, and Cyclops. Think I recruited some bad cards, but I ended up having tons of recruit and no attack, even in the HQ. The bad guys quickly slipped away with some Bystanders and I lost soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jreilly89 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new, but had a fun solo game using the Golden Solo variant. I found Thor, Storm, and Emma Frost to be a pretty nice team, as their ranged played well off each other. I was playing the Midtown Bank Robbery, so Storm being able to give -2 to Villains on the Bridge and the Rooftop definitely helped cull some of the bigger guys. What are some of the stronger teams you've seen?

Bonus team: Tried the same scenario with Gambit, Storm, and Cyclops. Think I recruited some bad cards, but I ended up having tons of recruit and no attack, even in the HQ. The bad guys quickly slipped away with some Bystanders and I lost soblue

Emma Frost, Storm and Thor used to be one of my "go-to" teams when I first started playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I absolutely have to win, I usually reach for Black Widow, Rogue, and Iron Man. At least as far as the base set heroes go, that's the most consistently powerful combination I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
Black Widow, Spider Gwen, and Jean Grey is a pretty OP combo I've heard... Requires some expansions though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jreilly89 wrote:

Were you using the "Quick Play" version of the Golden Solo variant? Because the regular variant mimics a two player game, so you should be using five Heroes instead of three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reilly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Jreilly89 wrote:

Were you using the "Quick Play" version of the Golden Solo variant? Because the regular variant mimics a two player game, so you should be using five Heroes instead of three.

I was, sorry should've put that in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Captain Marvel, Lady Thor and Thor.

3 heroes that have only Strength and Range, and boost with Strength and Range? Makes Captain Marvel a beast, her Ultimate attack being easier to boost, makes it easy to hit all Recruit requirements for Lady Thor and Thor's effects, which generates attack and hotdamn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Spiders. It's always spiders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Roberts
msg tools
Black Widow, Spider Man, Deadpool. Or Symbiot spider Man, Silk Spider Woman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bob Agent Of Hydra, Skadi, Ultron, Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forge, Ultron, Ironman or Superior Ironman the tech train is brutal here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.