Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi
If I have a British unit on a drift is he also considered to be in the area's either side of the drift or neither for the purpose of Boer commando fire?

For example I have a British unit on the Bridle Drift, the Boer commando in the 3rd group Ermelo emplacement has been destroyed, is my unit on the drift in range 3rd group Zoutpansberg or 4th group Johannesburg emplacements?

Cheers,
Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi William: A drift area counts as a normal area, so movement and fire are counted through adjacent areas just like with the large land areas. The only special rule is "Unless actually targeting a drift or bridge area, ignore these areas when calculating fire range." So, in your example, the British unit in the Bridle Drift can only be fired at with rifles from the 'Ermelo' area or the Upper frontline area directly south (one area range).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Godfrey, that is the way I have been playing it so far.

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.