GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,631 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems VERY likely to me.

So are they making this up?
Seems completely reasonable to me.

Quote:

Authorities now believe there is about a 99 percent chance that up to five foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed and taken emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server, two separate sources with intimate knowledge of the FBI investigations told Fox News.

The revelation led House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul to describe Clinton’s handling of her email system as “treason.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/03/sources-99-percen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Seems VERY likely to me.

So are they making this up?
Seems completely reasonable to me.

Quote:

Authorities now believe there is about a 99 percent chance that up to five foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed and taken emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server, two separate sources with intimate knowledge of the FBI investigations told Fox News.

The revelation led House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul to describe Clinton’s handling of her email system as “treason.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/03/sources-99-percen...

Since they do not have any evidence that actually yes, they are making it up. That clarify the difference between facts and opinions there cupcake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The fact that people want to dismiss the likelihood of her server being hacked shows how untrustworthy they are to handle sensitive information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Authorities now believe there is about a 99 percent chance that up to five foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed and taken emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server,

That's some solid information there.

Quote:
McCaul, R-Texas, said that FBI Director James Comey told him previously that foreign adversaries likely had gotten into her server. When Comey publicly discussed the Clinton email case back in July, he also said that while there was no evidence hostile actors breached the server, it was “possible” they had gained access.

"previously" before July? After? Likely why?

Quote:
It has been proceeding for more than a year

Why wasn't it included in the July hearing?

Quote:
The information follows a report over the weekend by The Wall Street Journal that four FBI field offices have been collecting information about the foundation.

The foundation, not the SoS servers.

I don't know about making it up, but they are drawing from a lot of sources to make a blanket full of holes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet they don't believe it when the entire American intelligence community says the Russians are behind the hacking of the Democrats' campaign emails that Wikileaks is issuing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Quote:
Authorities now believe there is about a 99 percent chance that up to five foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed and taken emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server,

That's some solid information there.

If her server WASN'T hacked, it would be because hackers failed to capitalize on it and not because of security measures. We know there were at least some paltry attempts at a hack from the admissions at one of the congressional hearings.

It'd be like putting your child in the front seat of your car without buckling her up, driving 170kph, not getting into an accident and then stating, "I'm such a responsible parent because my kid didn't die in an accident today!"

But in hillary's case, it'd be more like putting your kid in the front seat of a crash-up derby car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's like a highly biased website trying to create scare votes by presenting a thinly sourced possibility as a certainty, while mixing unrelated stories in to beef up the piece and fool anyone not paying attention to what is actually being said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
wifwendell wrote:
And yet they don't believe it when the entire American intelligence community says the Russians are behind the hacking of the Democrats' campaign emails that Wikileaks is issuing.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Sources are not always honest players. They can use the media to promote their own agenda or discredit political foes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Wow. Without any info at all I can claim that there is a 100% that up to foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed the emails, since "up to" includes 0.

Quote:
That's five (at least) foreign countries ready to blackmail us should you succeed in getting her the Presidency.

To blackmail us with 3+ year old data that wasn't considered classified at the time, a lot of which has been released via FOIA requests?

Oh noes, maybe they'll have the talking points that Clinton gave in a public speech 4 years ago! Whatever shall we do!

Meanwhile, in case you haven't noticed, properly secured and IT approved government servers are getting hacked all the time as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

Wow. Without any info at all I can claim that there is a 100% that up to foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed the emails, since "up to" includes 0.

Quote:
That's five (at least) foreign countries ready to blackmail us should you succeed in getting her the Presidency.

To blackmail us with 3+ year old data that wasn't considered classified at the time, a lot of which has been released via FOIA requests?

Oh noes, maybe they'll have the talking points that Clinton gave in a public speech 4 years ago! Whatever shall we do!

Meanwhile, in case you haven't noticed, properly secured and IT approved government servers are getting hacked all the time as well.

Oh, so since they hack everyone all the time, that makes it ok for someone not to follow the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle As Aldie would plainly 'state': "Please don't tell me you have AOL!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did they arrive at a 99% chance? I'm curious about the math. That is a pretty specific number.

(Seriously, don't use the 99% thing. People have enough trouble with numbers already.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Oh, so since they hack everyone all the time, that makes it ok for someone not to follow the rules.

No, since they hack servers all the time, it's exceedingly silly to think that THIS particular hack (which they don't even know if it actually happened) is some horrific, unique incident.

I have always said and stand by that yes, were Clinton still at that job, she should have to take an IT security violation training course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.