Subject: Is $12.99 a good price Love Letter: Kanai Factory Limited Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of this for $12.99 at Toys R Us last night. It's actually been there a while and I finally decided to snatch it because I don't see this edition in other stores. From looking online it seems like this edition is difficult to get for lower than $30. I'm just curious as to whether I got a good price, or is this game still relatively easy to find?

I think the art is awesome and since I already have another version of LL I plan to give it as a gift, though I'm tempted to keep it for myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent price! I paid $8 USD for it back in 2014 on Amazon.

This edition is the nicest of all. Sadly, it seems there won´t be upgraded with the new role card of the deluxe game.

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entrecruzado wrote:
Excellent price! I paid $8 USD for it back in 2014 on Amazon.

This edition is the nicest of all. Sadly, it seems there won´t be upgraded with the new role card of the deluxe game.

cry

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I would like to see the deluxe game in other editions as I'm not a big fan of the original (I have five rings and love it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
For my taste, the Kanai edition's art is MUCH better than that in the 'regular' edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not incredibly rare but that is a decent price. I think I paid $10-11 or so a couple of years ago.

I prefer the number 7 card rules to the later edition (you are out if you get another high card, you don't get to just discard the card), but the Priestess name gets confused with the Princess quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
It's not incredibly rare but that is a decent price. I think I paid $10-11 or so a couple of years ago.

I prefer the number 7 card rules to the later edition (you are out if you get another high card, you don't get to just discard the card), but the Priestess name gets confused with the Princess quite a bit.

Yikes, that would make having a 7 a little less desirable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, makes holding on to it a much riskier proposition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
Exactly, makes holding on to it a much riskier proposition.

Though that also makes it somewhat similar to the princess, so I can see why they changed the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.