Subject: One player views letters properly oriented rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Where I've been stuck on Wordsy is the advantage one player is likely to have being more straight on and properly oriented to the letters. The gameplay itself is appealing, but when I visualize trying to speed spell with upside down letters, suddenly it feels more frustrating than appealing.

Don't think I've seen any photos or video approximating real life play, where each player is at a different orientation to the letters.

I'm a little surprised they haven't tried an add-on player mat, selling it via the advantage of being able to quickly turn the "board".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
Where I've been stuck on Wordsy is the advantage one player is likely to have being more straight on and properly oriented to the letters. The gameplay itself is appealing, but when I visualize trying to speed spell with upside down letters, suddenly it feels more frustrating than appealing.

Don't think I've seen any photos or video approximating real life play, where each player is at a different orientation to the letters.

I'm a little surprised they haven't tried an add-on player mat, selling it via the advantage of being able to quickly turn the "board".

It's an advantage I've looked for in testing, but I've never seen the upside-down players be disadvantaged. I think it's because this isn't a twitch game. Pure speed isn't as important as a good real-world vocabulary here.

That said, I'm curious if players will prefer cards with small upside-down versions of the letters on the cards. I have a poll here asking that very question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Good to hear about your playtest feedback, appreciate the reply.

So far as the poll, again, without anything approximating a real world photo/perspective I don't feel I can judge on this particular issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
Good to hear about your playtest feedback, appreciate the reply.

So far as the poll, again, without anything approximating a real world photo/perspective I don't feel I can judge on this particular issue.

That's tough for me to capture in a photo; it's not going to give you the same reading as seeing it person. If I were a better photographer, maybe.

I'm at a convention this weekend, so if I have the game on the table with a good photographer, maybe I'll get to show it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.