Above and Below» Forums » General

Subject: Duplicate Entry Results in Encounter Book? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Taylor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was looking into purchasing Above and Beyond when it first became available at the retail end over a year ago, I seem to remember some BGG forums discussing a duplicate entry in the Book of Encounters which the designer explained as being a result of the printing process requiring a certain number of items.

I have just purchased a retail copy of the game and was trying to search through past forums to find that discussion again, but, for some reason, can't seem to locate it. At my advanced age (65) my memory could certainly be failing me. After 40 years of collecting games/expansions (over 2100 items to date!), that could well be possible.

Does anyone else remember this discussion or has one of the elder Gods of Cthulhu finally claimed my sanity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No clue but I love your post and I hope I'm as cool as you when I am 65.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My recollection is not that the encounters were duplicated in the book, but that the numbers were duplicated on some of the cave cards. (At 49, I've been wrong many times before, and this may be one of those times.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
My recollection is not that the encounters were duplicated in the book, but that the numbers were duplicated on some of the cave cards. (At 49, I've been wrong many times before, and this may be one of those times.)

This is what my 42 almost 43 yr old memory recalls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Taylor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for your quick replies. You nailed it! It was actually a duplication of entries on a Cave card (due to being a couple of stories short in the Encounter Book for each Cave card to have 6 unique listings). It wasn't a problem with the Encounter Book. I was able to find the post I had forgotten about under Misprinted Cave card.

The BGG community is the best! No additional sanity roll required for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.