Subject: So...What Should Be Done rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with Cosmic Pioneers and Centauri Saga?

I have both saved for Christmas presents, but based on many reviews saying the games are glitchy, I feel like I can't give them.

I was completely stoked for the cross-over world element of the two games, but it sounds like something is wrong with both games.

Wait and see if rules revisions clear up gameplay? Is that even a possibility?

Recycle them?

Try to sell them off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can't speak for Cosmic Pioneers but I rather like Centauri Saga. Wish it's wasn't as obscure ao people in my gaming group would be more inclined to try it out. With the rulesin box some things may be confusing. You can d/l the updated rules for free or order a printed version via their website for 6$.

As for having them intergrade, it does take a little commitment to the Vesuvius community. Just visiting their website and browsing their forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get Cosmic Pioneers, but I've heard that it had similar issues with the rulebook being poorly laid out.

Centauri Saga is a good game, though extremely difficult to actually win a lot of the scenarios. The rule book is terrible (even the new updated one) and requires a few plays in order to get the hang of things, but the game itself is fun despite all of this.

The best bet is to find someone who is already familiar with the game to teach you how to play and that overcomes most of the problems with the books.

The games still make good gifts, just be sure to warn them about the issues with the book when you give it to them and tell them to look online for play thourghs and rules explanations for a better experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.